Travel in August or November?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Travel in August or November?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mbevans

I am planning a vacation to C.R. in the middle of August or the end of November (Thanksgiving). Which is the best time to go to get the best weather? I know it is green season during both months but I thought maybe one month might be better than the other. We’ll be staying at the beach in Guanacaste and Jaco or Manuel Antonio.
    Thanks for your help!

*Lotus

We were in the central pacific(Playa Hermosa) for th first two weeks of August last year and the weather was great. A few rain showers a day and then nice warm sunshine. Guanacaste is much dryer and would be a solid bet for august as well. In November you are probaly better off up in Guanacaste, check out Nosara We were there from mid november to mid december and the weather was great and it was still lush. Around December it really starts to dry up and eventually becomes very brown and dusty!

dkt2u

Our first visit to Costa Rica before moving here included Jaco to Manuel Antonio during Thanksgiving and the first part of December. We had some rain, but the rain here does not typically prevent you from enjoying the area and rarely is an all day thing. Even with the record rainfall of this last year August and November both were great times here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.