Tico Passports

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Tico Passports

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

Hey everyone…I have searched but couldn’t find anything on the subject, so I have a couple of questions, if someone can help, I appreciate it.

What is the process for a Tico to obtain a passport? What are the costs? and how long does the process take?

As always, THANKS!!

Dan.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Just to obtain a Costa Rican passport is quite fast and easy for a [i]Tico[/i]…but if their intent is to try for a US visa, then that is a whole different kettle of fish…and not cheap.

Vmc

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Just to obtain a Costa Rican passport is quite fast and easy for a [i]Tico[/i]…but if their intent is to try for a US visa, then that is a whole different kettle of fish…and not cheap.[/quote]

What is involved for a US visa to visit the States say, for a week or two…..Any idea?

costaricafinca
    Participant

[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=CF1A064A-24E8-5ED2-F19F659F99F90A69#CF1A064A-24E8-5ED2-F19F659F99F90A69]Start here[/url]

[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=CF1A064A-24E8-5ED2-F19F659F99F90A69#CF1A064A-24E8-5ED2-F19F659F99F90A69]Also read this info[/url]

waggoner41

[quote=”vmc”][quote=”costaricafinca”]Just to obtain a Costa Rican passport is quite fast and easy for a [i]Tico[/i]…but if their intent is to try for a US visa, then that is a whole different kettle of fish…and not cheap.[/quote]

What is involved for a US visa to visit the States say, for a week or two…..Any idea?
    [/quote]

Thanks to the Bush administration the process to obtain a visa to visit the States takes about two years. 😥
    I don’t know what the cost might be.

Vmc

Wow…thanks guys….I wonder if I got MARRIED if it would help…LOL

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”vmc”][quote=”costaricafinca”]Just to obtain a Costa Rican passport is quite fast and easy for a [i]Tico[/i]…but if their intent is to try for a US visa, then that is a whole different kettle of fish…and not cheap.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks to the Bush administration the process to obtain a visa to visit the States takes about two years. 😥
    I don’t know what the cost might be.[/quote]

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”vmc”]Wow…thanks guys….I wonder if I got MARRIED if it would help…LOL[quote=”vmc”]

VMC, I thought I remembered this on your profile, so I went back to check & see – and yep, at least that part of my brain is still working, because it is right there ….[b][i]”I am married to a wonderful girl a little younger than I, and we now have our first Grandchild…How did this happen, I was just 18 the other day?”[/i][/b]

I also recall that you don’t allow much dust to settle in your tracks – You excitedly moved from the states to Playa Negra (couldn’t wait to get there), then after a week or two you up and moved to the mountains – so have you moved on in your marital relationship as well? If not, how could you get married again?

Vmc

Bill the “Get Married” thing was said in jest, and to answer your question, more or less, I am now alone in Costa Rica…It’s a tale I will reserve, but I’ll just say, “Things Happen” after 18 years together, we are no more…..I was asking about the Visa because a friend wants to come and see Disney and stuff, and I am just trying to find out how ridiculous the process is.

Oh, and as for the move from Playa Negra….We trusted a friend and moved there sight-unseen only to find that the house was NOT as we were told, and the conditions were less than bearable….I’m not prone to flights of fancy or instability if that is what you are trying to ascertain. 😀

[quote=”costaricabill”][quote=”vmc”]Wow…thanks guys….I wonder if I got MARRIED if it would help…LOL[quote=”vmc”]

VMC, I thought I remembered this on your profile, so I went back to check & see – and yep, at least that part of my brain is still working, because it is right there ….[b][i]”I am married to a wonderful girl a little younger than I, and we now have our first Grandchild…How did this happen, I was just 18 the other day?”[/i][/b]

I also recall that you don’t allow much dust to settle in your tracks – You excitedly moved from the states to Playa Negra (couldn’t wait to get there), then after a week or two you up and moved to the mountains – so have you moved on in your marital relationship as well? If not, how could you get married again?[/quote]

costaricabill
    Participant

VMC –
    I remember your horror stories about the conditions in Playa Negra, and sorry to hear about your personal trials.

Vmc

[quote=”costaricabill”]VMC –
    I remember your horror stories about the conditions in Playa Negra, and sorry to hear about your personal trials.[/quote]

Thanks Bill, it’s been a tough time….I’ll survive, but it’s hard.

maravilla

i have a friend who tried to get a visa for his girlfriend to travel THROUGH the US to another country, and after spending nearly $1000 for each application, she was denied — even though all her family lives here, she owns property here, etc. it is a bitch to get a visa for the average Tico.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.