things to do B4 moving to CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum things to do B4 moving to CR

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bloucas

Been reading books and internet but any tips on what needs to be done B4 moving to CR (I live in san diego and will retire there) Residency, shipping car, furniture, etc. duty? Better to buy new or ship? All input or suggested reading welcome

fincatenorio

I highly recommend attending one of the seminars that ARCR, (Association of Residents in Costa Rica), offers monthly. You will agree after attending one that it was money well spent!!!. Google ARCR for their website and additional information regarding this organization.

enduro

Use the search function on here and you will find many answers to your questions. Most of them have been asked before. Then try asking something more specific. I’m not trying to be curt, just you asked for a lot of info…

bloucas

Thx for the tip…no offense taken, its all good

bloucas

thx, will check in to it….good tip, Ive heard of it but never investigated

sueandchris

Arden Brink is just now finishing an excellent book on moving/shipping/settling in Costa Rica. I don’t know how far off the publication is but it is chock full of great information about all the pesky details regarding a move. I believe the best way to contact her is through ShipCostaRica.com.

Andy Brown has over 30 vidios on his and Fran’s move to Costa Rica on the Boomers Offshore website. As far as I know, He’s not trying to sell you anything.

bloucas

Andy, I spent an hr. watching your videos last nite. Packing up the garage almost made me give up my plan….LOL.
    How/why did you come to choosing the valley? We drove thru some of the towns like Grecian and Atenas and never found the right areas. Are you in a regular neighborhood or a gated community? We did like the Hermosa beach area just south of Jaco. We plan another exploratory visit in Jan or Feb but noticed travel prices are up that time of yr. Our plan is to move and rent in about a yr from now. Ever have any regrets? Boy am I strugling with ship vs buy new.
    Thank you for sharing.

bloucas

Hi Andy, just sent you an email with my contact info. Maybe we can skype sometime soon?
    Bill

bloucas

ALL- FYI, we spoke by skype and Andy was a great help!

arreyn744

How does one access andy brown’s videos

enduro

Andy

I watched ALL the videos, you did a very good job chronicling the steps of your move south, it shed light on stuff that needs to be attended to prior to moving. Even though you were very thorough, there was still stuff that should have gone in the container as mentioned… albeit a minor error, it is a simple lesson learned. I hope everyone that views them gets something out of them like I did.

Thank you, and pura vida

Brian

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.