The time is drawing near……

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum The time is drawing near……

• This topic has 1 reply, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Vmc.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pauldthomas

[quote=”maravilla”]i won’t go into the political reasons why i moved here, but not having an Army was way up on the list. basically, i also got sick of colorado winters and only being able to garden for 80 days a year. i love everything about costa rica — the inefficiency of it all, and despite that things still get done, i love that it’s a spanish speaking country, and being able to get raw milk without the gov’t telling me i will die, getting fresh eggs from my neighbor, being able to take a bus and not have to have a car, cheap taxis, an abundance of fabulous fruits and vegetables, friendly people, nice weather most of the time, and a laid back attitude. i even like standing in line at the bank and chatting up the people in front or behind me, having the gerente at the bank kiss me hello, or the guard with the gun call me “mi reina” or “mi amor” — it’s the little things that make up the whole place. i also love the central markets with stall after stall of stuff to eat and buy, like a casbah. i like being able to go into the farmacia and buy ONE bandage for the golpe i got on my toe along with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and have it only cost me $.45 for both. i like going to the clinic and having all the people tell me what line to stand in, where to sit, how to get things done. you get the idea. i love the essence of the place. the good, the bad, and the ugly.[/quote]
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! What fun!
    DThomas

baontheriver

We will be right behind you at the end of June with our 2 dogs. You might want to contact Angie at worldpetravel or Guardian Angels CR for the safe transport of your canine kids. Where are you planning on living? We have chosen Tinamaste over by San Isidro. Hopefully we can meet someday. You can e-mail me directly at baontheriver@gmail.com if you would like to stay in touch and maybe our kids can have a play day.

[quote=”vmc”]We reached a milestone in our preparations for our own move to Costa Rica yesterday, with loose ends coming together one-by-one.

We’re shooting for Mid-June, with our biggest hurdle now, the transporting of the doggies.

Here’s to keeping our fingers crossed that the Presidential Decree works out and we get in the air with no big hang-ups!

Hope to meet a lot of you in person sometime soon!

Pura Vida![/quote]

pebo1

Hello maravilla,

May I ask where you purchased your land and settled. We did a similar thing a year ago as we spent a couple weeks in Central CR looking and fell in love with Orosi Valley where we bought land.

Loved Atenas also but found it a little hotter and drier. On the plus side it is closer to new highway and Pacific beaches while Orosi appears more temperate albeit more rainy.

We plan to build in Orosi next year although initial construction quotes appear about 30% higher than Atenas, not sure why, perhaps a little more remote.

Cheers

maravilla

i lived about 6 clicks north of San Ramon. i couldn’t live in Atenas. it is way too hot and there are way too many gringos, and now way too much traffic and congesting in the downtown area because of the new highway. the more i look around the more i am happy where i’m at.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.