The Dangers of Round-Up

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum The Dangers of Round-Up

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

a dog’s nervous system is very similar to a human’s otherwise they wouldn’t use dogs in drug trials. there was no meat in this wrapper. it was just the wrapper. but i would bet it was coated with glyphosate, which isn’t always washed away by the rain. glyphosate is a toxin, doesn’t matter if it’s ingested by a human, a dog, or a rat. sheesh. no wonder the world is so poisoned with this stuff when people think it’s safe when it really isn’t.

Versatile

Please tell me how all the Stock dogs and other dogs around here and across the USA don’t get sick as well? Most likely the pizza had poison on it. You stated that a neighbor doesn’t like dogs. Others have clued you in about dog poisoning. As for Glyphosate “don’t talk with your mouth full” is what farmers around here say! lol

maravilla

they do get sick if they ingest pesticides and herbicides. and it wasn’t pizza, it was a plastic wrapper from carne-pollo that is packaged in a plastic tube. please give glyphosate to your dog and get back to me on that.

costaricafinca
    Participant

maravilla, I agree totally agree with versatile and the effects of this poison that your dog ingested and how RoundUp works. Which I stated, previously.
    I just read an article on a Canadian news website, and they were reporting dog poisoning with anti-freeze. It happens everywhere, I’m sorry to say.
    I had actually written a post, them decided to wait for you to possibly get results from your vet.
    I think you ‘jumped the gun’ in blaming RoundUp.

Versatile

You seem to be getting a little over the top. I will ignore it over your concerns for your animal. The real point i am tying to make is that if it actually is someone trying to poison your dog, then your are not over the hump at all. Be vigiliant.

orcas0606
    Participant

Versatile Couldn’t agree more. In my case one poisoned german shepard =ed one house break in!!!

Versatile

Sorry for your loss. My female shepard was a best friend for 12 years.
    Can you relate anything of your experience that my help out others. Such as a strange car, did you have a schedule that you did not vary from, was it an inside job, did you talk to much and some of your plans got out of you secure circle, do you suspect someone that has been to your property before,have others around you been robbed as well,have you compared notes with the neighbors?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Versatile, costaricafinca, et al, what we seem to have here is another instance of confusing coincidence with causation. What is clear is that maravilla’s dog got sick after ingesting something toxic at about the same time that Roundup had been used nearby. What is not clear from her experience is that the two are related. Jumping to the conclusion that the Roundup caused the dog’s toxic reaction is not supportable by the facts at hand.

Because two things happen in sequence does not prove that one caused the other. Coincidence /= causality.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.