Thanksgiving in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Thanksgiving in Costa Rica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jenny

When we first came to Costa Rica, most of the people here in our area were single. They mentioned to me that they would like to celebrate Thanksgiving together but they did not have a place to do that nor anyone who wanted to be responsible for arranging a Thanksgiving feast. I volunteered, my request was that the community share in the expenses of preparing a meal. Since that time our community has grown and the majority of those living here are couples, so most people have friends to spend Thanksgiving with. It is not like it was over 5 years ago, nor even a couple years ago, times have changed.

That is okay, we know that there are still people living here that have no one to really share Thanksgiving with and we are willing to share our Thanksgiving with them, but we can only invite about 20 people. So if you do not want to spend Thanksgiving alone, meaning even couples that really have not met anyone here also,then let me know if you would like to share Thanksgiving with us.

We have been blessed and we love sharing our blessings with others. So, do not spend Thanksgiving alone. If someone reading this is having Thanksgiving dinner, please think about sharing with someone else. For some of us Thanksgiving is one of our most important holidays. It is a holiday that no one should spend alone.

I’m starting the list, if you to are someone who would like to share your Thanksgiving holiday with others, please add your name to the list and let others know that you would enjoy sharing that day of giving with them.

rebaragon

Dear Jenny,
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday to come from the US because of what it stood for and continues to stand for in most of our hearts. You have a wonderfully generous spirit and I hope that you have an amazingly blessed time preparing and enjoying this holiday with all the people that share a space in your heart and at your table. Thanks for making my day reading your post! I’m grateful for many things this year and knowing about your generosity is one of them. Gracias y Pura Vida…

edlreed

Hi Jenny. I’m still in the states, but your thoughts about Thanksgiving and your generous spirit make me want to jump down there and join you. Thank you and I hope sometme soon I will be able to meet you and your friends. Thank you.

dkt2u

I am sure that Jenny does not remember my wife and I, but on our first trip to Costa Rica we spent Thanksgiving at Jenny’s and had a wonderful time. We met some great people and from those people gathered a lot of great insight that led us to make our move to Costa Rica.

*Lotus

dkt, How is the Hermosa area holding up with all that rain?

jenny

No, I dont remember the initials, but I am almost positive if you give me your name and tell me what year you came I will remember you.

Thanks every one for the very kind words and praises. Play Hermosa, please check with TICO Times and AMCosta Rica. They have updated information on conditions in the flood areas. Costa Rica board of tourism is not publishing a lot of information because they want the tourism dollars. So make sure you check before you go. I think the embassy also can provide you with information.

dkt2u

Jenny, It was Dave and Kate in 2003, so it’s been awhile. We had a great time though. Hermosa is doing fine with all the rain. The same for Esterillos. Bejuco had some flooding, but the worst has been in Parrita. The entire neighborhood on the south side of the bridge in Parrita was about chest high in water for almost a week.

jenny

Thanks for reminding me and you are correct I had forgotten your names. There were so many people and my facilities were really inadequate to accommodate but that did not mean anything. We all had a great time and after it was over I was exhausted. Every year I say we will not do it again, then people tell me like you have said in your post that they met a lot of people when they were here.

This year we are doing it a little different because we have been blessed with so many families in the area. During 2003 untl about 2006 there were not very many families here. Mostly people coming for the winter break and not really set up to do any cooking. Now it is much different, but Charles and I still enjoy sharing our Thanksgiving.

Thanks for posting that information about what is going on weather and flood wise up North. I’ve had several people write and ask me about what is happening because they have made reservations for some of the hotels in that area.

Please stop in to chat or have lunch when you are in the area or passing by. We like to show our place off so if you have visiting guest that you are bringing to Grecia, give us a call and stop in.

*Lotus

Thanks David!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.