Thanks to the Folks at Residencyincostarica.com

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Thanks to the Folks at Residencyincostarica.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    OTTFOG

Sometimes I think it is important that we thank those who have done an outstanding job for us.

Today we got our Permanent Residency and it was a process made simple by the fantastic work of Mayanye and Javier Zavaleta at ResidencyinCostaRica.

We started the process when we moved here four years ago and their knowledge and professionalism at each step and turn was astounding.

While the laws changed a couple of times during the process, they were always correct in their interpretation and their advice and answers to questions was always accurate.

We have three young children and they planned our appointment times, prepared our paperwork, and whisked us through with a minimum amount of waiting in lines.

Mayanye knows everyone at immigration and her knowing smile was the key to open many doors.

I can’t say enough and highly recommend them to anyone at any stage of dealing with immigration or residency issues. Their fees are very fair as well.

If you have a “shout out” for someone that has done a great job for you please continue this thread…

Pura Vida,
    Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks for doing that Jerry…

Gratitude is a wonderful thing.

I have invariably received good reviews about this group and quite a while back, I exchanged a few emails with Javier Zavaleta asking for an article to help our VIP Members understand residencies in Costa Rica…

Javier said he would be “delighted” to do so but since that was on Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:25 AM I guess he lost interest in the idea…

Scott

[quote=”ottfog”]… Today we got our Permanent Residency and it was a process made simple by the fantastic work of Mayanye and Javier Zavaleta at ResidencyinCostaRica. . . . I can’t say enough and highly recommend them to anyone at any stage of dealing with immigration or residency issues. Their fees are very fair as well.

Pura Vida,
    Jerry[/quote]

After my first immigration lawyer repeatedly messed up, I found Mayanye and Javier Zavaleta, Because of the small size of my social security check, it was imperative that I make application for my pensionada cedula pronto, before the “new” law became effective and raised the amount of money needed monthly to receive permission from the CR government for the permit.

Mayanye and Javier Zavaleta performed the necessary miracle. They were fantastic. They are brother and sister. Living in California, Javier speaks perfect English. Mayanye lives in Costa Rica and speaks no English. Her husband is a judge. Her personality is magical. She speaks to everyone waiting in the long lines and puts them at ease. Clearly pro bono. One has no choice but to admire and love her. Their mother was, if I remember correctly, a consulate in Los Angeles, CALIF, for years, so when they speak, they speak with knowledge and heart.

Barbara Johnson in Atenas with a “pensionada” cedula.

costaricabill
    Participant

Jerry, Barbara, et al –
    My wife and I had our Entramite and file # now, going on 2 years. Do you think Mayanye and Javier could help us?

I did all of the initial paperwork myself and gave it to my attorney to file. We got the Entramite from Immigracion the same day, with the only “Incompleto” noted as the CAJA insurance.

I have given a power of attorney to our SJO attorney, but immigration is not his specialty and I fear we are sitting in a stack of files somewhere in the Immigracion Ministry.

If you think they can help, please let me know either here in the post or by PM.

Thanks,
    crb

[quote=”costaricabill”]Jerry, Barbara, et al –
    My wife and I had our Entramite and file # now, going on 2 years. Do you think Mayanye and Javier could help us?

I did all of the initial paperwork myself and gave it to my attorney to file. We got the Entramite from Immigracion the same day, with the only “Incompleto” noted as the CAJA insurance.

I have given a power of attorney to our SJO attorney, but immigration is not his specialty and I fear we are sitting in a stack of files somewhere in the Immigracion Ministry.

If you think they can help, please let me know either here in the post or by PM.

Thanks,
    crb[/quote]

Absolutely give Javier a call. His number and email are in their advertisement in amcostarica.com. The ad is usually on page 2. He will answer truthfully and quickly. It was such a pleasure dealing with him, I was ecstatic.
    Barbara

maravilla

they did our residency as well and it was done in record time. i have a theory about using people who are well connected and have influence in the sphere in which they work and that definitely applies to Javier and Mayanye. everything Barbara said about their background is true, and i think her husband is a Sala IV judge, so you can”t get better connected than that and with having had a mother who was a consulate. In defense of Javier, he also has a full-time position at a prestigious law firm in LA and is always preparing cases for trial, so it’s quite possible he just didn’t have time to write an article for you.

[quote=”maravilla”]they did our residency as well and it was done in record time. i have a theory about using people who are well connected and have influence in the sphere in which they work and that definitely applies to Javier and Mayanye. everything Barbara said about their background is true, and i think her husband is a Sala IV judge, so you can”t get better connected than that and with having had a mother who was a consulate. In defense of Javier, he also has a full-time position at a prestigious law firm in LA and is always preparing cases for trial, so it’s quite possible he just didn’t have time to write an article for you.[/quote]

Yes, her husband is a Sala IV judge in a place near San Jose. I do not know how to spell it. It begins with DES…..
    a long name. I can recognize it when I see it.

Javier and Mayanye recently helped me get my residency, as in “inversionista” using our real estate purchase.
    They did an excellent job, and I could not have been more pleased.
    A very important note on this, while the law presently allows us to use our real estate as an “investment”, according to Javier, that will be going away in the next couple of weeks most likely, so we are meeting up in San Jose to get my partners paperwork filed in time to use the law, you might want to spread this news.
    This law was a new one, with the last changes about two years ago, and it looks like the new director is going to be doing away with it.
    Again, love their services.

OTTFOG

[quote=”costaricabill”]Jerry, Barbara, et al –

Bill,

I feel confident that she can get it done for you and do it as quickly as possible at a fair price. If you contact me off list, I will gladly call Mayanye for you. Scott has my info.

Jerry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.