Tetley anyone?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Tetley anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Ronny

I’m looking at my annual packing list and am trying to omit certain items. It’s been getting much easier over the years as many products are now available in Costa Rica.

I have the usual requests from my expat friends at the beach which include…
    -A Costco size box of Tetley tea for my British friends
    -A Costco size jar of Cheez Whiz of all things …no cheese spread substitutions are acceptable
    -A large plastic container of Montreal steak spice

I was hoping that some of the regulars on this forum might be able to tune me in to the current availability of the above mentioned products.
    Some expats(you know who you are), are wide eyed and hovering around my luggage like kids at xmas.
    “YES!!!…I dragged your bloody Cheez Whiz through three airports for you again!!!” …hehehe

Thanks ahead for your replies and feel free to include unusual luggage stories .

jdocop

I saw Montreal Steak seasoning just the other day in Tilaran, I think. Big, huge size, too (way bigger than I could ever want). Actually, it would be worthwhile if I could find a decent beef steak to put it on. I prolly should clarify by declaring that my idea of a good beef steak is what used to be known as a Rib Steak (as opposed to ‘rib-eye, with bone’)………has to have some marbling, and that bone, along the edge. That’s right. I don’t want a T-bone, and I don’t want a New York strip, or a Kansas whatever. Not even a so-called Delmonico.

Andrew
    Keymaster

What?

[b]No Marmite?[/b]

Ronny

I had no idea what Marmite was so googled. To my surprise I found a pic of a Brit expat(a relation of yours Scott?) with the same facial expression as my Cheez Whiz junky when opening my suitcase…enjoy!

http://littlebang.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/marmite_colour.jpeg

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m not sure we should have any VIP Members on this site who don’t know what Marmite is 😀

Are you also planning on bringing any Lagavulin into Costa Rica? If so, can I place an order?

Scott

PS. You do know what Lagavulin is?

jdocop

Wait! Let me copy/paste & google it! Aha……………only the real thing, for those who drink whiskey.

Texas

[quote=”Scott”]What?

[b]No Marmite?[/b][/quote]

How about beef Bovril? It’s the best! I purchase it online, however, one of my kids told me he saw it in a state side store recently.

Ronny

Lagawho?:?
    Sorry, can’t help you out, but I know too well what Crown Royal is, and am presently 30 minutes away from the distillery. Will that keep me from being banned from this forum?…at least for now?

Andrew
    Keymaster

To even write the words Crown Royal and Lagavulin here in the same sentence causes cramps in my hand and piercing pain in my heart…

If were an unreasonable man, you wound be banned FOREVER from this Discussion Forum and never allowed to set foot in Costa Rica (or Scotland). 😆

But I have taken some very deep breaths and plan to have a wee dram of Lagavulin later this evening to calm my shattered nerves.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Getting back to the original topic ….

I find most of the herbs and spices I need at AutoMercado including some of the Indian spices (like Garam Masala) and they have a goo Cajun spice mix too..

I wouldn’t know about Cheez Whiz though as it looks like plastic to me …

Scott

jdocop

Tastes pretty much like plastic, too.

Ronny

I couldn’t agree more regarding the Cheez Whiz and never touch the stuff…well, besides having become a major importer.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You guys need to grow up and lighten up on the Cheez Whiz! If it were not for the patriots at Kraft who make Cheez Whiz and the people who eat it, where do you think all those recycled Styrofoam popcorn balls would end up?

That’s right . . . in the landfill.

Sheesh!

Ronny

Why yes…how childish of me.
    Let’s get back to US politics…

maravilla

do your friends a huge favor and ditch the cheez whiz. they must have really clogged up pipes after eating that mess. it’s not even real cheese. ugh! next they’ll ask for Velveeta. double ugh!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.