Tax Expert recommendations please

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Tax Expert recommendations please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnny86

I am looking for a tax expert – not just a cpa – who has expertise in foreign assets vs us tax law compliance. Someone who knows all the tricks and tips to avoid paying unnecessary taxes – i.e. using LEGAL loopholes the way big corporations and the rich do to avoid paying more than legally required.

I am looking for someone who will provide a consultation re specific tax matters who doesn’t charge an arm and a leg. Just saw one site where they charge $300 for a consultation. Really?
    I balk at the price because I’m most certainly NOT a millionaire or “rich” by any means which is all the more reason to avoid over-paying taxes!

davidd

here is a good friend of mine giving a presentation in liverpool

onlinesovereignty.com/liverpool

I have all my assets structured this way.. it cost me about $2000 a year

BUT I pay ZERO taxers legally

and I dont keep any money here

only negative is you need to travel to hong kong once to set this all up

but worth it

unless of course you make no money 🙂 then this will not apply

VictoriaT

I was wondering about getting our stock certificates out of the US. They are held through Wells Fargo at the moment but maybe it would be better to have them out of the US and in-hand?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Holding the actual stock certificates may sound like a nice idea but…

From [url=http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/holdsec.htm]the SEC website[/url]:
    —————————

The advantages of holding a physical certificate include:

The company knows how to reach you and will send all company reports and other information to you directly.

You may find it easier to pledge your securities as collateral for a loan if you hold the certificates yourself in physical certificate form.

The disadvantages include:

When you want to sell your stock, you will have to send the certificate to your broker or the company’s transfer agent to execute the sale. This may make it harder for you to sell quickly.

If you lose your certificate, you may be charged a fee for a replacement certificate.

If you move, you will have to contact the company with your change of address so that you do not miss any important mailings.

—————————

Does that help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.