Tax Collection – Is Sprite Right?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Tax Collection – Is Sprite Right?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    2bncr

I’ve been thinking about the issue of paying taxes. Well Sprite claimed that he did not pay taxes, rather they were confiscated from him. I am starting to think he has a point here. What do you all think about the way in which taxes are “collected?”

sprite

[quote=”2bncr”]I’ve been thinking about the issue of paying taxes. Well Sprite claimed that he did not pay taxes, rather they were confiscated from him. I am starting to think he has a point here. What do you all think about the way in which taxes are “collected?”[/quote]

The banks and government also confiscate money (energy) from us via other taxes. Every time the Federal Reserve creates new money out of thin air and does not destroy an equal amount old existing money, inflation is the result. (Also, how do they destroy electronically created money once it is put out into the public sector?) The Federal reserve is not part of the government, it is a private bank. Do we vote on currency issues? We do not. That decision is made by private individuals who answer to nobody.

This has happened so frequently over the last 8 decades that in my lifetime, I have seen the dollar devalued to a tenth of its worth since 1968 when I entered the work force when quarter would buy a gallon of gasoline. And wages have not kept pace with inflation. No news here. Everyone knows this.

What everyone may not know is that there is a more lucrative way in which banks separate us from our wealth….credit with interest. The Federal Reserve creates currency sufficient to the demand for loans but it does not create enough currency to cover the interest.

This means working people remain in perpetual debt chasing after dollars sufficient only in quantities to pay the principal but not the interest.

It is a game with the rules fixed so that all money ends up back in the bank where it originated as well as a substantial percentage of the property obtained with the money by so called “borrowers” as loans are defaulted and homes are foreclosed.

This is supposed to be by design and I believe it is. It works in the following way:

When you buy a house, you sign your promissory note to the bank and you are given in return another note, a bank draft, for equal value. Bingo! The house is yours at that moment. There was no loan. All you did was an exchange of equally valued notes. There is no loan contract. If you don’t believe this, look at what the bank does with your promissory note; they sell it as a security on the market. They monetized your signature and received money of exchange for it. They were paid. You no longer owe the bank a penny (you owe it to the investors who bought your note, whoever they are) yet the bank continues to pretend they made a loan to you and they collect your money of exchange on top of what they already received…plus interest!

Further evidence that there was NO loan contract is that the bank offered nothing of its own since the bank draft (note) created by the bank was based on your promissory note and not on any deposit or wealth of its own. It merely made an electronic deposit entry, it pulled money out of thin air. Contract law requires that BOTH parties offer a consideration of enough value to support the contract. You offered the value of your labor for 20 to 30 years. What did the bank offer?

War, taxes, inflation and contract fraud are ways in which the Owners use banks and government to enslave all of us. This is not just the ranting of a few malcontents. It is fact to which more people are awakening and which is substantiated and documented historically.

Power and wealth have been consolidated in this manner over the last 80 years at a cautious pace until we are currently looking at a situation where 20% of the population possess 85% of the wealth. …and it is getting more concentrated each day.

If you think the word “slavery” is an exaggeration, consider how we are all captives within this monetary system. What would be required of you should you decided to leave the system? You would have to give up the use of money, credit and banks.

When you consider how difficult it would be to live your day to day life that way, how ready are you to escape?

2bncr

I agree. So now what? What would a patriot do?

vzayas

Oh, where are you, count Kropotkin?

sprite

I try to stay clear of patriots and revolutionaries as they tend to be at the epicenter of violence. I am not young any longer and I just want to be as comfortable as I can under the circumstances, hence, Costa Rica. Besides, I can’t imagine how using traditional methods of opposition would do any good. The real revolutionaries are getting completely off the grid but they will always be considered wackos and malcontents by society….until there is no more society. And that possible eventuality is what really disturbs me.

2bncr

I get it then. You hide in society buried in the masses until there are no more masses? Hmmm…

sprite

I mean to get away from the masses. I imagine larger cities will be particularly dangerous and uncomfortable. The more dependence upon the monetary system currently in place and all the infrastructure that goes with it, the more pain involved when it disappears, right? I may be wrong and the Costa Rica country side may be no better. I am just guessing here. I don’t know anything beyond what we all read about but there seems to be enough bad news right now to make me at least seriously consider plans to escape the worst of what seems likely to happen.

2bncr

OK – so now its the osterich complex eh? Denial and doubt has sunk in so you are putting your head in the sand and hoping for the best.

sprite

[quote=”2bncr”]OK – so now its the osterich complex eh? Denial and doubt has sunk in so you are putting your head in the sand and hoping for the best.[/quote].

What am I denying?

2bncr

“until there is no more society. And that possible eventuality is what really disturbs me.”

First you hide in the masses and then you say there will be no masses to hide in. So why woud you choose to hide in the masses in the first place?

Saying you will hide were it is not safe to hide is being in denial. So now you just don’t do anything and hope for the best eh? That’s sticking your head in the sand. Baaaahhhh – sheepeople.

moonbanks

[quote=”2bncr”]”until there is no more society. And that possible eventuality is what really disturbs me.”

First you hide in the masses and then you say there will be no masses to hide in. So why woud you choose to hide in the masses in the first place?

Saying you will hide were it is not safe to hide is being in denial. So now you just don’t do anything and hope for the best eh? That’s sticking your head in the sand. Baaaahhhh – sheepeople.[/quote]
    ARE YOU LIVING IN COSTARICA?????? If so then why….

sprite

I think you are reading into what I wrote what you want to see. I clearly said I am only GUESSING that Costa Rica might be a better place to weather the storm. It may very well not matter where I go.

It’s just that the odds are that the U.S. will be a less safe and more uncomfortable place during a societal melt down. Do you know how many guns there are in private hands in the States? Are you aware of how fearful Americans are by nature and by design? That is a bad combination in the best of times.

And there is really nothing anyone can do to change the economic model we have been using for millennium or stop the inevitable destructive outcome. What would you do? Armed revolution? (Like that hasn’t been tried before)

As far as I can tell, the best thing to do is to sit back and let the whole shebang come tumbling down and hope there is enough left of human culture to pick up and start fresh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.