Suggestions on where to buy Faucets (Griferia)?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Suggestions on where to buy Faucets (Griferia)?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dboy

Hi all,
    I’m looking to purchase 5 sets of faucets for bathrooms. I’m in San Jose – does anybody have some recommendations for places to check out? I’ve tried a few, like EPA, Alumimundo etc, but have been kinda disappointed in terms of selection and quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dboy

grb1063

There are a few high end kitchen/bath stores in Escazu between the Hipermas and Scotia Bsnk you could try.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I have seen many nice sets… read ‘expensive’… in small stores all over the country.

maravilla

go to Construplaza somewhere near escazoo off the pista. they have a huge selection.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

In Escazu, directly across the autopista from CIMA Hospital and PriceSmart on the same side as Outback Steak House and Hooters, there’s a Helvex showroom. Our builder thought that their stuff was pretty high-end.

tomstew1

I got all of mine at Construplaza which is at the Guachipilin exit off the pista just outside Santa Ana. They have a huge selection of Moen, American Standard and plenty others…some are German and Italian mfgs. Actually they have too many choices. My wife and I had a hard time deciding. fyi, same products are about 1/2 the price in the US if you have the option of bringing them with you…
    TS

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Technical Note: If you have the chance, shop for a faucet with ceramic disc valves. These discs are made of the same material that covers the nose cones of the space shuttles and are rated to last a lifetime without maintenance or repair. They’re far superior to brass-on-neoprene. Nothing else compares.

American Standard was an early adopter of ceramic disc valves but they’ve since been incorporated into at least some Moen, Kohler, Price Phister and other manufacturers’ products. Look on the box for the mention of “ceramic”, “disc” or maybe “ceramica”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.