Suggestions for Photography

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Suggestions for Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

I have traveled to all 4 corners of CR and have taken some pretty nice pictures of CR Wildlife which I really enjoy shooting. I’ve been thinking that for my next trip I’d like to focus more on plants…flowers…and botany in general. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to whether there are any spots in CR that are better than others where I can capture a greater diversity of plant and flower selections. Thx.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Yesterday, I wrote a long reply … and my computer went down.

So today, I will just advise you to get out and walk in the rural areas to find what locals may not always plant in their gardens. I have ‘discovered’ some beautiful blooms and plants that they would consider ‘weeds’.

If you have been to the botanical garden, InBio parque, Monteverde, CATIE, etc you will have seen what is there.
    Check [i]viveros[/i], hotel grounds, and generally walk though towns throughout CR.

It will heavily depend on what time of year you intend to visit. After the rains start, flowers will appear as if by magic!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Haven’t been there for quite a while, but there is a beautiful botanical garden just outside Sarchi.

The last time we were there, we saw a snake with a tail at both ends. Well, it was actually one snake eating another head first, but at first glance . . .

china3323
    Participant

[quote=”bogino”]I have traveled to all 4 corners of CR and have taken some pretty nice pictures of CR Wildlife which I really enjoy shooting. I’ve been thinking that for my next trip I’d like to focus more on plants…flowers…and botany in general. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to whether there are any spots in CR that are better than others where I can capture a greater diversity of plant and flower selections. Thx.[/quote]

Wilson Botanical gardens outside of Golfito in the southern zone was amazing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.