Suggestion on Highland area in South Pacific Area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Suggestion on Highland area in South Pacific Area

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    uhljd

We will be visiting CR for the first time in February to check out possible areas for investment/retirement. Our preference is in the highlands with moderate temperatures on the southern Pacific areas with prices that are still reasonable for land and or existing home that has scenic views of the ocean (Does this exist?) We do not want to be to isolated but would prefer NOT to be in a condo unit.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for areas and for contacts that may be able to help us when we come down? We will be in CR Feb.2 -9.

pweisel

The area between San Isidro de General and Dominical may suite your needs, including around the village of Plantinillo. Distant ocean views, higher & cooler elevations, yet close to both the beaches around Domincal and the full service city of San Isidro. Competitive prices and a good supply of both finished homes and building lots are available. Search “Dominical Real Estate” to find several sites with property info and photos. I just got back from my 5th trip to the area, and continue to believe that it is a solid investment and a desirable place to live. Good Luck!

bdubb

There are plenty of places south of Domincal. Be prepared to shell out a pretty penny for ocean view places. The road along the coast between Domincal and Palmar is one of the best roads in the south. Check out the area around ojochal there is a lot of subdivision going on there. If not being isolated is more important than a ocean view and you want to be near San Isidro but out of downtown check out Santa Rosa or Rivas. Good luck

Orosi Riley

One of the most beautiful areas in the country is the Orosi area, 15 miles SE of San Jose. Homes, first class homes, can be built in Orosi for under $70 per sq. ft.
    The climate is very mild, everyday is 74F and every night is 60F, plus or minus 6F. The views are stunning.
    Orosi Riley

pweisel

I agree,

Orosi Valley is beautiful, quaint, and affordable. My wife and I spent several days there, and we liked it quite a bit. Tranquillo all the way. Definitely a family/community atmosphere is prevalent. The expat community is very small, so this is a place for folks interested in forging relations with their mostly Tico neighbors. No ocean views or access. Worth a look and kind of on your way to the Southern Pacific Zone. Good Luck!

Igor

Hello,
    I am considering to buy a ready tico-type house in San Isidro area.
    How is safety there in comparison to San Jose? Would it be difficult to find a safe parking and watch man for the house as I am planning to be in Canada for months.
    Thank you

DavidCMurray
    Participant

There are a handful of San Isidros in Costa Rica. You need to be more specific.

Igor

I mean San Isidro de EI General with 40 min drive to Playa Dominical.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.