Suggestion for people in their 40s

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Suggestion for people in their 40s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    audears

We are in our 40s and are seriously considering relocating to Costa Rica. Are there any particular areas where there are many Americans in our age group? (The Spanish fluency is getting better daily, but I’d like to be comfortable moving to another country). We prefer the Pacific Coast….possibly even buying a small hotel in the Playa Concha, Brasilito area. Anyone that can add anything at all, please chime in! I”m sure there are questions I haven’t even thought of yet! Thanks in advance….

dkt2u

My wife and I are in our 40’s. We got tired of the ratrace and seeing all of our hard earned money just go to pay all the taxes throughout the year and still get stuck with paying more at tax time. We moved to Costa Rica in April of 2005 after two years of steady travel down here. We love it and have no regrets. We realize it is not for everyone, but we encourage anyone to check it out as an alternative. WE are in the central Pacific coast area and while we have not found any organized groups of gringos we have met some wonderful friends just like us who were looking for a change and probably some adventure in life as well. They range in ages from mid 20’s to late 50’s and we have become close friends with several of them. We also have several Tico families we have become close friends with. I don’t think you have to neccessarily be in an area where there are organized groups of gringos to adjust well here. I’m open to share any other experiences of our move and first year if you need some ideas and imput. Dave

Andrew
    Keymaster

It would be wonderful if you would perhaps share your story with us? Perhaps in an article?

What you were looking for? What you found?

Unless you are independently wealthy, can we assume that you are somehow making a living here?

Let me know if you would like to contribute an article, I would love to hear your story and many of our readers would too….

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

terrycook

Sorry for any repeat on this site but I am Terry Cook, married and moving to C.R. in the next 30 days or so. My wife will remain in Austin, Texas until she retires. I hope to begin the process of re-locating for retirement. Please let me get in contact with you..I will stay in San Juan when I arrive. I have chosen to take a
    bus rather than fly first for the adventure and second to obtain a return ticked for proof of exit ticket for now…I am most excited to return to C.R. and begin a new life.
    cookterry@sbcglobal.net

dkt2u

Hello Scott, I would be more than happy to share our story. I’m new to your site and your forum, let me know what you would like and how I can help. Pura Vida

Andrew
    Keymaster

Are you sure about staying in San Juan Terry?

Isn’t that a LONG way from Costa Rica?

Scott

PS. I’m not just picking on you 🙂 it’s my twisted British sense of humour…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Excellent! We have some terrific people as members of this site.

We are nearly all looking for the same thing – peace tranquility, freedom and a nice place (preferably with a great climate) to live our lives – a life that WE want to live. And as you so eloquently point out, we’re not all retired. I’m turning 46 this week and wa surprised that a BIG percentage of our members are relatively young.

We would love to hear your story about why you came here and from where? What you felt that Costas Rica offered that you didn’t already have? Do you have children here? Where are you living? Did you rent, buy or build? How are you paying the bills? How is the rest of the family accepting their new life? What do you wish you knew before you came here? And what’s the most important thing that Costa Rica has taught you?

That kind of stuff? We only need about 300-400 words and preferably with up to six photographs in .jpg format…

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.