Stop Whining and work on solutions

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Stop Whining and work on solutions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    smekuly

Guys

Reading all these forum posts regarding costa rica this costa rica that. its time just to decide on a specific goal and start working towards it.

enough about why the dollar fell and why this and why that. whats wrong with the U.S. and everything else

lets speak of solutions and new opportunities.

the formula.

10% identifying the problem and 90% towards a solutions.

Scott

why don’t you create a separate forum that lets the doers on this forum if they have the time to discuss all the achievements while learning a new country.

don’t get me wrong as I myself have partaken to the misery

but no more.

smekuly

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s a nice concept smekuly and I’d certainly love to see more discussions about “solutions and new opportunities” of which I believe there are many however, how does one qualify to be a “doer”?

We could create a new Forum and open it up to only our Premium Members – there are about 400 of them – but for example, you’re not one of them so how do you suggest we separate the “doers” from the non-doers?

Scott

smekuly

Scott

when I was referring as a doer that did not mean to compare premium members and non premium members.

your premium packages is really geared towards the newbie market. I myself live here in costa rica and i have successfully launched and operated businesses here. brick and mortar business. where I paid caja every month, aguinaldos, liquidations, vacations, impuetsos, patentes and corrupt city officials. I would not say large but small 22 employees to medium size 57.

I have personally experienced the dark underbelly of this country as well as the beauty. I have seen someone crash and roll over on as small bridge while raining and while lying there for help

and people stopping and seeing if they were all right and call for an ambulance and when they left the scene they stole her suitcases and laptop she had in the back.

the new kind of good Samaritan.

I have just experienced a family member death in the hands of san juan dios hospital. I personally believe they killed her.

no what I mean are people that are moving towards the realization of a worthy ideal. and document the journey so others can learn from the experience

a friend just finished building his very own chicken hilton chicken coop.. like a modern condo and has hens that lay 4 to 6 eggs per day. and he learned everything from youtube.. that is cool

and so on and so on.

thank you for replying mr oliver. after seeing that last picture of you in the british commando uniform.. I know you are a hombre not to be messed with 😀 kind of like chuck norris 😯 you are now dubbed the costa rican Chick Norris

waggoner41

[quote=”smekuly”]no what I mean are people that are moving towards the realization of a worthy ideal. and document the journey so others can learn from the experience.[/quote]

I don’t own a business, I came here to retire in a beautiful country with friendly and helpful people. I own my own home, pay low taxes and have the help of my Tico friends

My wife and I belong to the Caja and are satisfied with our care at San Juan de Dios and several other hospitals that have been involved in our care. San Juan de Dios has dealt with heart attacks requiring 4 stents, breast cancer which is cancer free and an appendix blowout. Each of us has been hospitalized three times. I find the medical care to be equal to that in the U.S. and if we had gone through all of that on Medicare we would be in debt for the rest of our lives. Cost of Caja is under $100 per month total for both of us.

I have never had an experience when the Ticos were not helpful but no matter where you go there are those who will take advantage of situations where possible.

Each of us has our own experiences and view those experiences in our own light. What I am saying is that everything you mention could have happened in the States. My mother died at age 62 as a result of a hospital forgetting to prescribe a needed medication. Criminal activity is far more prevalent in some places in the States than it is here in Costa Rica.

The toughest thing for me was acclimating to a culture that was totally alien to that in the States.

We raise chickens and are planning to get a couple of pigs. We have started our own garden and are learning about a new climate and what is possible. We are planting fruit trees with an eye to having some kind of fruit available on the property at all times of the year.

I have never hesitated to respond to questions on which I have personal knowledge and never respond with hearsay without stating that it is such. Although there are many whiners here there are many with answers and willing to share what they know.

So stop whining and work on solutions. No matter what the issue there is probably someone here who can give direction or specific information.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”smekuly”]Guys

Reading all these forum posts regarding costa rica this costa rica that. its time just to decide on a specific goal and start working towards it.

enough about why the dollar fell and why this and why that. whats wrong with the U.S. and everything else

lets speak of solutions and new opportunities.

the formula.

10% identifying the problem and 90% towards a solutions.

Scott

why don’t you create a separate forum that lets the doers on this forum if they have the time to discuss all the achievements while learning a new country.

don’t get me wrong as I myself have partaken to the misery

but no more.

smekuly[/quote]

Scott – if you had a forum only for the “non-doers”, then Sprite would end up talking to himself over and over, and only to himself!

smekuly

super excellent!!! 😀

now thats good. your doing great and learning all the new skills like raising chickens and developing a garden. thats proactvive. I think the climate here is truly wonderful for this. I am working well I should say studying the plans of building a BIO Dome and grow vegetables and herbs to sustain a family of 4. right now i am looking into aquaponics. anyone have info on this???

the idea is preparing yourself to not be wholly or partially sustainable. plus this is great to teach your kids.

for the upcoming implosion that will be happening in the US. ..

there will be one thats for sure.. and if the hand of god comes and just fixes all of mans problems.. and nothing happens.. the at least you develop some good skills set.

how about some ideas of

how to make money morally and ethically while living in costa rica???

that would be a great topic.

regarding your experience with hospital san dios. congratulations as I have heard and experienced more incompetence there and dirt there than any hospital here.

that place reminds me of a scary movie and they even warn people staying there not not have any valuables with the because it will be robbed.

of all the public hospitals I think the ew one in heredia is good and 2nd would be calderon.

smekuly

waggoner41

[quote=”smekuly”]super excellent!!! 😀

now thats good. your doing great and learning all the new skills like raising chickens and developing a garden. thats proactvive. I think the climate here is truly wonderful for this. I am working well I should say studying the plans of building a BIO Dome and grow vegetables and herbs to sustain a family of 4. right now i am looking into aquaponics. anyone have info on this???

the idea is preparing yourself to not be wholly or partially sustainable. plus this is great to teach your kids.[/quote]

I am simply reusing old skills learned when I was a kid,, I was raised on a farm.
    BioDome is probably the last thing to consider. When you consider our proximity to the oceans I think climate change will have little effect Central America. If it comes to the necessity you can build it then.

For information on these items go to these websites:
    [url=http://www.aquaponics.com/]Aquaponics[/url]

[url=http://www.hydroponics.com/]Hydroponics[/url]

[quote=”smekuly”]how about some ideas of

how to make money morally and ethically while living in costa rica???
    that would be a great topic. [/quote]

I have spent my life teaching the things that I know. My computer education is outdated and unusable now but my construction skills are forever as is my English. These are areas where I can gain income.

[quote=”smekuly”]regarding your experience with hospital san dios. congratulations as I have heard and experienced more incompetence there and dirt there than any hospital here.
    that place reminds me of a scary movie and they even warn people staying there not not have any valuables with the because it will be robbed.
    of all the public hospitals I think the ew one in heredia is good and 2nd would be calderon. smekuly[/quote]

Our only experience with hospitals is San Juan de Dios and Mexico. Mexico is new, clean and well set up.

San Juan de Dios is the oldest hospital in Costa Rica, has been added to willy-nilly and is confusing to those unfamiliar with it but I didn’t have problems with cleanliness.
    One of the surgeons and at least seven of the doctors know me on sight and are very helpful.
    Yesterday, August 3, I accompanied my wife in SJDD and spent time with a doctor on his rounds getting information about an upcoming surgery.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.