Starting a painting firm – is that a valid business idea?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Starting a painting firm – is that a valid business idea?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    camby

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”camby”]would at least if living there want a shotgun….[/quote]

Well, if owning a firearm legally is important to you, you’ll probably want to steer clear of Costa Rica. At the very least, you’ll have to be a legal resident, take a gun safety course, take a written test (both [i]en espanol[/i], I believe), and pass a psychological screening. Before those conditions are met, you cannot import or possess a firearm.

Somebody jump in here . . . Can temporary residents, ([i]pensionados o rentistas[/i]) own firearms, or must one be a [i]residente permanente[/i]?
    [/quote]

will yield to Scott on this, I know he had a article not long ago on firearms posted, but, I read somewhere that the CR legislature change the firearms laws to citizens and permanant residents….was not sure though if it meant handguns, rifles,or all the above….in NC, you can purchase a rifle or shotgun w/o permit, but it still 🙁 gets entered into Fed database…..I had a SKS one time and it was……not sure about foreigners, might be allowed to own those if legal and long term……again, will yield to Scott or others……

camby

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Unless, once again the rules have changed, you have to be a Permanent resident.[/quote]

is that on all firearms or, handguns? say a shotgun, rifle?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the dictionary definition of “firearm” is “firearm”.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.