Starting a business in Flamingo, Guanacaste

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Starting a business in Flamingo, Guanacaste

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jcomp

I am considering a business venture in Flamingo, Guanacaste area, a Post Box Plus type of business with P.O. Boxes for receiving mail, package receiving and shipping, internet service for ordering from out of the country and delivery to our location, etc.

Can anyone give me any input or thoughts if they think this would be a viable service for foreigners living in the area? I know mail delivery is almost non-existent in that neck of the woods so I thought, with all the growth, that this might be a good service type business to have in Flamingo, Brazilito, Potrero and nearby towns such as Tamaringo…any input would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Is this a business that you have been successful with in the past?

Do you have any idea what sort of revenue per client is possible in that business?

Could you then find out how many possible clients are in that geographical area and determine what the possible market potential is like?

Scott

audears

Are you allowed, by law, to just go there and open up a business? Is that a case where you can own the business, but not work it (i.e., have to hire Tico’s to actually work the business?) I read a story on another website where an American bought a bed and breakfast, and was allowed to own it and take profit from it, but all of the employees had to be Tico. One day, he was helping ‘the guys out’ as the restaurant was really busy, by clearing tables, and immigration took him in for questioning and gave him a warning.

jcomp

All demographic stats are being investigated as we speak but getting feedback from local business owners is a gauge on whether or not this might work in the Guanacaste area. Thank you for your input!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.