Spot on Article – Earning an income while retired in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Spot on Article – Earning an income while retired in Costa Rica

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hmmm . . . I think it a huge leap of faith to expect those with the food they will need to feed their families to swap it, at some undetermined rate of exchange, for that which you allege to be gold. Me? I think I’d just keep my cache of food ’til the recovery kicks in.

I think what will hold value in this recovery you’re expecting will be what sustains us ’til then, not just what sparkles prettily.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Hmmm . . . I think it a huge leap of faith to expect those with the food they will need to feed their families to swap it, at some undetermined rate of exchange, for that which you allege to be gold. Me? I think I’d just keep my cache of food ’til the recovery kicks in.

I think what will hold value in this recovery you’re expecting will be what sustains us ’til then, not just what sparkles prettily.
    [/quote]

The bubble pops when you can’t convince enough people to buy into the game and it’s usually the sheep left holding the bag. The US has so much wealth that we are talking many many years but you will see moral and ethical behavior decline. With the welfare state we have created a large group of people that would rather take than be self sufficient. A sad state of affairs. Not to sound so hard but these people may never know the joy of working hard and building their character and self worth so as not to ask permission from anyone to live their lives as they see fit.

VictoriaLST

Ah, David, I think I said “land” because it will feed you. 4 hectares here in Arenal. But I still like the shiny gold stuff. hehe

aguirrewar

[quote=”wspeed1195″]This is A great optic, sure, I can see their view. I also am aware of another thing the government could scrutinize long before it scrutinizes its Natural born citizens that worked all their lives to have that social security?
    Why doesn’t the Divided States go after this money? They could shut down all money, bank, wire transfer systems and make taking anything across the border illegal.
    To demonized someone for trying to live A less burdensome life in A much more peaceful place, folks who’ve worked, taught students, fought as soldiers, choosing to enact that freedom they earned, are now vilified?
    I find this despicable. They’ve given amnesty, look the other way when they give pre natal care to an illegal, that the money cold be better spent on our homeless and military, they look the other way when they live 10 deep and impact services, water, sewage, school overcrowding and classroom translators, taking jobs for bare bones, and now, they send BILLIONS back.
    I with go after the real funneling of funds. Illegally obtained, anything an illegal does in the states. From walking outside to going to work, to sending money home, it is an illegal act until they apply for residency. I. In the process of doing it here. What entitles them? ( other than A president/congress/war machine that lavishes in the unclaimed taxes google that)
    Here’s the first paragraph in an article about the Billions sent back to other countries by illegal immigrants.

Many immigrants send remittances to their family left behind in their native countries. For some individuals, it is necessary to send money to relatives remaining in their home countries, in order to either help supplement their income, or to provide their only source of income. Immigrants who have recently arrived in the United States tend to send money home often, despite earning relatively low wages. However, the longer an immigrant resides in the United States, the more money they tend to send to family back home. For example, recent immigrants tend to send $200 or $300 home on a monthly basis. Individuals who have been in the United States longer and are better off financially tend to send money less often but in larger amounts. It is estimated that worldwide remittances amount to more than $126 billion. Remittances have become a considerable force in the economy of many countries. Among the countries that receive the most in remittances are Mexico, the Philippines and India. Last year Mexico received more than $17 billion in remittances. The amount of remittances in Mexico exceeds the amount of foreign direct investment in the country. This is not surprising given that a significant portion of Hispanics in the United States are of Mexican descent. Other Latin American countries like El Salvador are popular destinations for remittances. In 2005 approximately $2.5 billion was sent to El Salvador. The amount represented more than 13% of El Salvador’s GDP, or gross domestic product. It is estimated that Latin Americans residing in the United States send $30 billion dollars to their native countries.

[/quote]11 million (estimated) are illegal immigrants AND I ASSURE you they all work

what ABOUT??? 40 million US citizens that get some kind of a FREE entitlement from the FED’s??

the illegals buy clothes, gas, shoes, pay rent and provide to fuel the US economy with the work they do that by the WAY no one else wants to do, come to Florida to pick Oranges for $7.00 an hour and the temperature feels like 109 when you factor in the humidity

WHAT does Joe Six Pack provide while collecting unemployment and Section 8 housing assistance and FOOD Stamps??

I strongly disagree with you and your way of thinking

In order to send 25 billions out of this country they had to make 125 billions and they do this by “WORKING”

ever seen a HOMELESS immigrant?? NO, because they WORK

How much $$$ does the state level and Federal spend on Social Services for these people, you do the MATH

johnnyh
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.