sports bar(s)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum sports bar(s)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

Ffor those of you who are NOT a sports fan, hit “X” now, because there will be nothing herein to interest you.

Good-night “fivestarcraig in Samara”!

Anyway, my wonderful wife of 41 years (as of this past Monday 16-May) had some dental surgery this past week in SJO, so during her convalescence and evenings of rest she has allowed me to venture out and watch some sports at the sports bars in the western part of the Central Valley – no, I did not venture downtown where I hear there are some great “sports bars”.

So tonight I first went to “Brad’s” in Santa Ana/Lindora that I had read so much about. I walked in, sat at the bar and immediately noticed that I could see ONE TV screen (much less a bartender), so OK, I figured I was missing something because every sports fan knows that a true sports bar not only has multiple TV screens – but you can see 2 or 3 (if not all) from every location in the bar, especially sitting AT THE BAR.

Then I noticed that every TV screen was showing exactly the same game. Please understand, I have learned to love “futbol”, especially the CR games (both league and “Sele”), but when a well-advertised “gringo sports bar” has every TV screen tuned to the same broadcast, and it is not a national game of interest, mucho problemo!

Notwithstanding the fact that were maybe 6 patrons in the whole place, I asked if it was possible to get different channels – the answer was “no”.

OK, not a problem – so all I want to say is if you are a sports fan and want to have a variety of games to watch (including futbol, NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, golf, football norte americana, boxing, MMA, UFC. etc) head to the TIME OUT sports bar in old Escazu, about 800m straight up above the CR Country Club. Everything that’s anything is sports is on at least one of the many, many flatscreen TV’s at the TIME OUT. If you don’t see it, ask for it.

This is NOT a paid advertisement – it is just a member’s note to let you know where I will watch sports whenever I am in the Central Valley!

Great bar, reasonable prices, daily specials, multiple options for watching sports, and tonight was only my second time there!
    crb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.