Spending one month in CR with 11 & 5 yr. children

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Spending one month in CR with 11 & 5 yr. children

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SofiaHurn

As a naturalized American Citizen, born in Mexico, I would like my children to experience the latin american culture. However due to the rampant crime in Mexico, spending any time there is out of the question. After some research I found that CR is one of three safest countries in Latin America. My husband and I would like to spend one month next summer living in CR. Where? We do not know. Ideally we would like a place where we can walk to the store, bakery, parks, etc. a place where our boys can play with other children and make friends, if possible attend school as guests. I know that school is in session during June, which is when we would like to come. Any suggestions? I do not know anyone who lives in Costa Rica. Personally I would like to live on or near the beach. My children will be 11 and 5 when we travel, our 11 yr old is currently in 6 grade and our 4.5 is in pre-school.

mr.di

Playa Del Coco, Guanacaste (northwest pacific)
    –good infrastructure
    –close to shops (supermarkets, artisans, restaurants, etc.)
    –safe beach
    –a quiet fishing town by day and a louder one by night
    –stay in Las Palmas development gives you close/walk to beach and town, yet be surrounded by travelers from abroad and local families too
    –the new airport in Liberia is only 25min to town and Liberia is only 30 min from the town for a day of shopping or going to the movies or simply walking about the “White City” of Costa Rica
    –endless opportunities for day trips such as: waterfalls, hot springs, zip-lining, hiking, snorkelling, surfing, diving, sea-dooing, rafting, horseback riding, para-gliding, several other beaches in vicinity, and much more
    –best of all… affordable accommodations with all the amenities you are used to.
    –we have had vacationed here as a family for the past 5 years and will be back in July for more.
    😀

SofiaHurn

[quote=”mr.di”]Playa Del Coco, Guanacaste (northwest pacific)
    –good infrastructure

Thank you! This gives me a great start!

mediatica

Hi Sofia: I have two boys (2 and 4). My 4-year old goes to a private bilingual school called La Paz in Playa Flamingo. If you want to be able to walk to town and the beach, you’ll be limited, as a lot of the beach areas tend to be spread out. Tamarindo and Flamingo in our area are the two best choices. You also have to think about education for your children and while Cocos is a nice town, the schools in our area (La Paz and Country Day School) offer a better education in my opinion. I am not sure if you can attend as guests, but I am sure you can go and visit the school and perhaps observe classes. Both schools have different concepts and tuition schedules. If you need more information you can also private message me. Best of luck.

SofiaHurn

[quote=”mediatica”]Hi Sofia: I have two boys (2 and 4). My 4-year old goes to a private bilingual school called La Paz in Playa Flamingo. If you want to be able to walk to town and the beach, you’ll be limited, as a lot of the beach areas tend to be spread in our area are the two best choices.

Thank you! Sorry for my late response, I have been out of pocket. I will continue my research, thanks for your offer, I will take you up on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.