Social security disability

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Social security disability

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chuckrobin

Is anyone living in Costa Rica on US Social Security disability and does the US government allow you to be on disability and live in another country?

CHERYLJK

Yes and yes. Read more about it on their website. It lists the countries where they will send disability payments to, and CR is one of them.

chuckrobin

Thank You!!!

Costaricachuck
    Participant

Additional question, Can you tell me what information I need to give social security people and what information they will need to make a direct deposit into Costa Rica bank account? Thanks

BillNew
    Participant

[quote=”Costaricachuck”]Additional question, Can you tell me what information I need to give social security people and what information they will need to make a direct deposit into Costa Rica bank account? Thanks[/quote]

I doubt that they will …

Direct deposit (aka ACH transfers) are done through a US Federal Reserve network.

Depositing funds into your CR account would require a wire.

If I could ACH Xfer money to CR … that would be much less expensive.

CHERYLJK

Yes, social security will deposit your money into a CR bank. Our neighbor has hers deposited here. But I don’t, and I don’t know what information they need. Best to call the social security office and ask.

Costaricachuck
    Participant

Thanks for the information, I will contact them for sure but didn’t know if anyone on the forum was having it done.

pixframe
    Participant
    Costaricachuck
    Participant

Thank you for that information!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.