Smoke is in the air

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Smoke is in the air

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jenny

No one seems to talk about it, the smoke in the air. I am sitting up tonight enjoying the quietness of the evening and inhaling smoke. No, it is not smoke from the dreaded ciggeret it is the smoke from the burning sugar fields, and anything else that can be burned. Some Costa Rican do not have trash pick up and they burn their trash.

If you have problems with smelling heavy smoke in the air, you may want to check Costa Rica out during the time when they are burning Jan -April. You can really see if you will be able to live in Costa Rica. We have friends and they suffer a lot from the smoke.

That is something you may need to check on before decisions are made on moving to Costa Rica.

Andrew
    Keymaster

No one is talking about it because it’s not a serious problem in many areas but in my ‘What I Do Not Like’ about Costa Rica at I did mention burning of things…

In your part of Costa Rica which is a major sugar growing region, they do burn the waste becasue it’s the cheapest away to dispose of it …

Scott

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.