Small appliances

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Small appliances

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pebo1

Just moving to Costa Rica and need to purchase all our small appliances for kitchen as we are coming from a 220V country.

I know there is Pricesmart and Walmart, any other suggestions for good places to purchase these items?

Thanks—–Peter

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Cemaco is a chain of housewares stores in the MultiPlaza in Escazu, Alajuela, east of the U.S. Embassy and elsewhere. There are also several appliance chains that may have what you need — Casa Blanca, Importadora Monge, Gallo, Play and others — scattered about.

If you can, you’ll be better off buying in the U.S. online and bringing them with you. Anything imported here will be pricey.

camby

Does CR have industries that make appliances? I have heard they have good makers of furniture…

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Atlas is, indeed, a Costa Rican manufacturer of at least some large kitchen appliances — refrigerators and ranges. I don’t know what the sources of their components are, and I don’t think I’ve seen any freezers, dishwashers or countertop appliances.

Given my limited exposure to Atlas appliances, I’m underimpressed.

Furniture is an entirely different matter.

VictoriaLST

There is a free trade zone (I bet David knows where it is) and several builders I know go there and load up on appliances with solid brand names – GE, Amana,Frigidaire, etc. As I recall, you have to book an overnight stay in the zone, but friends say it is very pleasant. They deliver the appliances for a reasonable fee.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Victoria, you’re talking about Golfito. And that’s exactly how much I know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.