Sling Box

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Sling Box

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    orcas0606
    Participant

I’m looking for info on the use of a Sling Box and Sling Player for android mobile. I am currently on Cable Tica Metro and ICE internet and am using a rather cheap wi fi router. Speed test shows my internet speed as 1.73/0.45 Mbps. A faster internet connection and better router are within my means but I don’t want to make a sizable investment and have to put up with a lot of buffering and poor video. Are there any techies out there that have any experience or suggestions re Sling Box Thanks

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”orcas0606″]I’m looking for info on the use of a Sling Box and Sling Player for android mobile. I am currently on Cable Tica Metro and ICE internet and am using a rather cheap wi fi router. Speed test shows my internet speed as 1.73/0.45 Mbps. A faster internet connection and better router are within my means but I don’t want to make a sizable investment and have to put up with a lot of buffering and poor video. Are there any techies out there that have any experience or suggestions re Sling Box Thanks[/quote]

I was so excited when I got my slingbox 4 years ago and had it hooked up to a friend’s cable system in the States. I used it often, and I was happy to have it even with the routine stoppages, less than desirable picture quality, and necessary calls to him to please “reboot”.

It is still in his house, still hooked up and still available to me, but there are so many better ways to get better quality now, from all around the world, and I don’t think I have logged into my SlingBox for in the past 2 years.

A VPN subscription is a much better option, and then there are many, many free access portals available on the internet as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.