Sky, DISH, or something else?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Sky, DISH, or something else?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    debiruns

We just moved to Sarchi from the US and are wondering what to do about TV. We’ve heard many complaints about the lack of variety of channels on Sky and so are considering Dish but we know of no one who has it. It seems expensive but perhaps worth it. Is there anything else, apart from getting into technie stuff that my husband and I are incapable of understanding? Any help would be very much appreciated.

baontheriver

[quote=”debiruns”]We just moved to Sarchi from the US and are wondering what to do about TV. We’ve heard many complaints about the lack of variety of channels on Sky and so are considering Dish but we know of no one who has it. It seems expensive but perhaps worth it. Is there anything else, apart from getting into technie stuff that my husband and I are incapable of understanding? Any help would be very much appreciated.[/quote]

OMG, each one has the good, bad and the ugly. It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. You can spend $35 a month and watch 15% English speaking channels or $95/month and see 80% English speaking channels. One friend brought an North American satalite dish with her and was paying around $120/month but she wanted her football. We are still looking at the computer option but have another year on our SKY contract.

Also think about pay as you go for cell phone service since you don’t have to sign up for two years and only have pay for your minutes used. You can add card minutes at almost any store and the phones are cheaper. Make sure you get a 3G phone for reception since they are dropping the 2G and receptions sucks. There are two new cell companies coming to CR but they are still building towers in remote areas and getting fight back from smaller towns and neighborhoods.

Good Luck!
    Brian

Janice

Just call Don Paul from Dish Network. All American everything you can imagine. We have had ours for four years and are the only ones (as far as we know) on the South Caribbean Playa Chiquita that have it.
    His phone number is 8837-3474 and say hello from me……Janice a very happy customer

agarcia

Try a combination of torrents, Slingbox and the gringomovies.com guy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.