Shipping my stuff or selling it all?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Shipping my stuff or selling it all?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    writersam

Should I just sell all my things here and start over in CR? Some special momentos I would like to keep but wouldn’t it be easier just to start over there?

I am considering selling my car, furnishings etc. What has been your personal experience? I want to make this move as easy as possible.

waggoner41

[quote=”writersam”]Should I just sell all my things here and start over in CR? Some special momentos I would like to keep but wouldn’t it be easier just to start over there?

I am considering selling my car, furnishings etc. What has been your personal experience? I want to make this move as easy as possible.[/quote]

That’s pretty much a personal decision. I brought down the household and an old 1980 datsun pickup. Thank God for the pickup.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Don’t [i]ship or sell anything[/i] until you have visited for an extensive period or multiple trips.

wspeed1195

well,there you have it,the voiceS of reason.
    you did state that you’d been before with family as a kid.
    things are A tad different.
    I started going in 1993.
    in 17 years,I personally have not been deterred.

ardenbrink

[quote=”writersam”]Should I just sell all my things here and start over in CR? [/quote]

Hi, Sandra,

If you want to drop me a note at arden@mainersincostarica.com I can send you a book excerpt that addresses this very question. You’ll also find many articles on this site that I’ve written on the various aspects of shipping.

As a disclaimer — I *am* in the shipping business, but I held the view(s) I have on the matter long before I got into the business, and I think I’m actually very good about giving non-biased advice. (Well, that is, biased only by my “opinion” as virtually all advice is!!) 🙂

I also, though, completely agree with the suggestion that before you do anything potentially irrevocable (like sell it all) or expensive (like ship it all) you need to come check it out for yourself and get a clearer sense of whether you really want to live here, where, what kind of “lifestyle” and so forth.

Good luck!
    –arden–

writersam

Thanks for all the replies.

Waggoner you actually drove a Datsun pickup down there? I know I won’t drive unless I can get someone to come with me.

I know Costa Rica has changed alot since the 70’s and I am planning a visit but it is time for a change. I am serious adventurer. I backpacked across the U.S. alone in 01.

I have traveled many places alone but I want to settle in Costa Rica. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

I will be dropping you a note soon arden.

Sandra

costaricafinca
    Participant

Have you read and can you fulfill the [url=http://www.arcr.net/residencyincostarica.html]Residency requirements[/url] to live legally in Costa Rica?
    Many have made the mistake of coming here [i]then[/i] finding the cannot meet these requirements.

writersam

Yes I have read the requirements. I figured I had better do that before I make plans to move or I will be in one hot pot.:lol:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.