Second cousin’s possible residency

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Second cousin’s possible residency

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    johnnyh

I have a second cousin who unfortunately was not born in C.R. like me. However his mother was. He speaks fluent Spanish and he actually prefers the Tico lifestyle. Are there any legal requirements or any benefits to attain residency down there? Are there any benefits besides his mom being born there, and having extended family? He was just there about two weeks ago and loves the country.

Ving

There was a time a when a Tico of American parentage could go to the Costa Rican consulate of his home country, file the paperwork and get his Costa Rican cedula or ID card. Only by using the Costa Rican parentage. But i have a feeling those days are long gone. Please check with you’re Costa Rican consulate and only communicate in Spanish and bring your Mama’.

Remember when in Costa Rica you are a Tico and when your in the U.S.your an American, Costa Rica is not a politically correct country

Andrew
    Keymaster

Our Residency Expert Laura Gutierrez does offer a free 20 minute consultation…

[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/5-Reasons-Why-Laura-Gutierrez-Will-Get-Your-Costa-Rica-Residency-Approved-Quicker-And-More-Efficiently-Than-Any-Attorney.cfm]See more here.[/url]

johnnyh

Thanks Scott!

bushmaster
    Participant

Of course your 2nd cousin finds it easy to live in Costa Rica since he is, as you say, fluent in the language. To move here and expect to be understood when you ask a question is a recipe for disaster. Firstly, your question is far too broad. For anyone to attempt to answer, they would have to ask you a plethora about your financial status, what you expect, what type of climate do you want, on and on. Actually, your question implies a certain amount of laziness on your part. Read the abundance of information available on line, write down some specific questions then start asking questions. If you move here with expectations of someone doing everything for you and explaining all the differences in culture, you would be miserable and run home. Do some work before you ask such sweeping questions.

Respectfully,

Galen

johnnyh

Thank you for your “gracious” reply.

bushmaster
    Participant

Then find out the hard way. DIY.

orcas0606
    Participant

Johnny, don’t pay much attention to the new “We Love Costa Rica” troll. I understood your question perfectly. As Ving stated, a person born of Tico parents. no matter where, has certain rights to citizenship. However, I have heard that there is a certain age limit for application, so I suggest your he check with the Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones as they are definite authority in these matters. Speaking fluent Spanish in Costa Rica is a big help as bushmaster has probably found out by now. Don’t fret!! Language help is on the way. Check out Pilot.

bushmaster
    Participant

Troll? I love it. Bushmaster troll speaks fluent English, German, Tirolean Austrian, (yes, it is much different from German)and Vietnamese. He does very well in those countries and in the short 6 months here, he gets along quite well in Spanish.

Troll, 🙂 Guess I’ll have to find another bridge to dwell under.

I do want to help others. I just want them to start where I have always started..research on my own. Then ask specifics.
    🙂
    😉

orcas0606
    Participant

I hear the “la platina” is available if you don’t mind the MOPT workers who have been there for years

bushmaster
    Participant

Y, si la Platina está disponible, con qué propósito. Esta in Latino “non sequitur.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Johnnyh, check your PM’s…in the ‘inbox’ in the midst where the other subjects are posted the top.

bushmaster
    Participant

What are “PMs”. And what are all the other recondite posting contractions, such as BBML?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.