Scott, my hat is off to you! You proved yourself

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Scott, my hat is off to you! You proved yourself

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    keith

Scott, my hat is off to you! You proved yourself to be a true gentleman!

I think you handled yourself extremely well. The mud slinging was pretty fierce and you handled it so well. Good job!

Just wanted to give you my nod of appreciation. You did so well!

Hopefully we can now all get back to the posts that have made this site so enjoyable . . .sharing information and experiences of Costa Rica life.

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind comments Keith.

The internet is full of wonderful information but unfortunately, there is a lot of garbage out there too… For busy people with little free time on their hands, it is sometimes difficult trying to decide what’s good information and what’s bad.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

maravilla

The internet and can be a very dangerous place. What just happened here is reminiscent of my February trip to CR which I took with a girlfriend who is an internet addict. She likes to think of herself as an historian and an intellectual but nothing could be farther from the truth. One day in CR she tells me that there is a new version of the Holocaust; one that disputes everything we have heretofore known about this event. The new version is that only 800,000 people died, and those that died in the camps died of natural causes, and there weren’t any ovens or gas chambers. I told her to knock it off or I would kick her out of the car. But every day she pounded me with new information that would prove the Holocaust was a Zionist plot to get Israel. When I got home in March I found out that all her information came from a neo-Nazi website and some extreme right wing crackpot named Dr. Robert Faurisson who writes for this pseudo-schloarly rag called the Institute for Historical Review, which is a front for neo-Nazi ideals. When I pointed that out to her, she refused to believe that I was right and she was wrong. She told me it was unfortunate that I couldn’t incorporate another view of this historical event into my thinking! Needless to say, I’ve not spoken to her or seen her since, and nor will I. If you are not discerning and able to trace the statements back to their origin, or understand the motive and agenda behind what was written, I can see how many seemingly intelligent people are sucked into the out and out lies that are posted on the Internet. There are some very scholarly articles posted there that are pure B.S. as we just saw. So I guess it’s caveat emptor on the internet now too!! And yes, Scott, you handled yourself very well in the face of that ridiculous assault. Kudos to you!!

keith

Maravilla,

You are so right. I just simply refuse to argue with the hate driven, self rightous remarks of others. And if the Holocaust didn’t happen, I wonder who that precious older jewish lady I talked to about 25 years was? She showed me her tatoos they had placed on her and her scars from the burning hot copper wire they wrapped around her, oh, and her very strong grip made strong by the work they made her do in order to stay alive. If you can imagine, they made her give massages to the officers, and this is what kept her alive per her own statements. It’s just horrible how so many try to make others believe thier delusions.

Just another reason to enjoy a simpler life in Costa Rica. Oh, I just can’t wait!

Pura Vida!

maravilla

Yep, Keith, I look forward to a very uncomplicated life in Costa Rica, away from all this “crap.” Marvin Gaye was right — “People say believe half of what you see, Son, and none of what you hear” and we should keep that in mind when we read the “truth” on the Internet.

cindyc

Anyone who thinks the halocaust didn’t happen should be given a free ticket to the museum in D.C.; I was sick when I came out of there.

FYI:

“During the second world war, one of the atrocities was systematically killing 12,000,000 people.
    The recent opening of the archives held in the German town of Bad Arolsen took over 60 years to accomplish.
    This allows historians and survivors access to some 30 million to 50 million Nazi documents on the 17 million Jews and enslaved laborers who were either persecuted or slain by the Nazis and their collaborators during the Holocaust.”

Just the facts folks. Nothing else.

Copyrighted 2006 material from a forthcoming book written by this writer.

Edited on Jul 20, 2006 23:51

senta

You want to talk about Holocaust, well let me tell you something.
    Christ said (Let the dead bury the dead). Why do you people keep living in the past.?
    1.Turks killed two million Armenians
    2.Khmer Rouge killed two million Cambodians
    3.Aztecs in Mexico wiped out in the name of Christianity
    4.Incas in Peru wiped out in the name of Christianity and many more in the past. Right now there are Holocaust going on in several African countries, nobody talks about that. It doesn’t matter whether you are a Jew or some other race, humans have been killing, and will continue to kill until the end of time. So don’t single out Germany. Remember, England and France declared war the first and second time. Now look folks, I am getting irritated.!! We all lost in the second World War. There is also an Archives in Koblenz about the atrocities and war crimes committed on German citizens, especially by the Red Army. While I agree that there was a bunch of retards (Nazis) who totally went out of control never the less, Germans also suffered tremendously. Just look at the Carpet Bombing on German cities that killed helpless women and children and old people. Dresden alone in one night in February 1945 estimated 160,000 incinerated. Dresden was filled with refugees trying to get away from the Red Army.. My own Mother was raped all night long by Russians, while my 8 year old sister had to look on seeing and hearing my mother screaming and crying in vain and in pain (I was only 3 1/2 years old.) There has been many Holocaust in the past and there will be many more in the future. The point is Jews are not the only ones who have been murdered but somehow it seems their Holocaust is the only one that matters.

“The lessons of history are soon forgotten unless kept alive. For the first time in history, an ethnic/religious minority is making a conscious effort to help humanity remember the past so it does not repeat the mistakes of the past.
    Your posting proves the necessity of this idea, as most did not know or do not want to know that history repeats itself. Maybe one day we will learn we are all blood and flesh, brothers and sisters of the familiy called Humanity.
    Thank you for supplying the proof of the importance for keeping the truths of history alive, so war may one day no longer exist. Thank the Jews for supplying us with a collective consciousness / awareness and the angst that goes with such an onerous task.
    ‘He who kills another, it is as if is he has killed a world. He who saves another, it is as if he has saved a world.'”

Edited on Jul 22, 2006 13:46

senta

Washington Post front page July 23rd ” In Iraq , military
    iqnored lesson of Vietnam”. A man born in this world is here only a few days. We came into this world with nothing and surely we will leave with nothing. Mankind will never learn to get along no matter how much you shovel a Holocaust down their throats. There are many Holocaust being committed even as we speak. Kosovo only ten years ago. Cambodia only 25 years ago. Who feels sorry for all these innocent people. Nobody ever hardly mentions it. What about the Indians and their Holocaust right here in America, and what about the blacks brought here to be slaves and they still have a struggle today. So if you want to continue to be blind, then stay blind. People will always step on people. You can’t separate a Holocaust from a Holocaust. Excuse me, they call it ethnic cleansing nowadays. You need to stop looking at the darkness and error of others, just live a good life yourself.

perezm

Your remarks above are not only well written but are absolutely on the bulls-eye. I fear for the sentas of the worlds who hold firmly to their incorrect and revisionist history (e.g. Germany did not start the two World Wars). They are surely doomed to repeat the mistakes of their forefathers. I also fear all attempts to either deny or downplay the Holocaust by pointing to more modern atrocities as some kind of example that the Germans who murdered the countless millions of Jews, gypsies, clergy, homosexuals and political activists were really not such bad fellows after all. I can not tell you the literally dozens of times I had to listen to my German neighbors tell me the wonderful things Hitler had accomplished for Germany (building the autobahns, etc.) as if that somehow ameliorated even one iota the horror of the Holocaust. Yes, I am for getting along with all my brothers and sisters on this planet but not at the expense of clear thinking and a healthy sense of history. Thanks for pointing this out to all of us.

Andrew
    Keymaster

THERE WILL BE NO MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD REGARDING THE HOLOCAUST!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.