Sarchi Question

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Sarchi Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

Is Sarchi about the best place to visit to look for furniture made using the finest Costa Rica woods? If so would many of them ship to the U.S.? Thx.

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s been a few years since I last visited the Sarchi area…

You will certainly find a good selection of furniture in Sarchi and most of them will be happy to ship to the U.S., since exporting to the U.S. its a big chunk of their business.

Scott

Imxploring
    Participant

I’m a frequent visitor to Sarchi and had most of my furniture custom built there for my home in Arenal. You will find some fantastic designs and woods there. And remember most places will make your furniture to order if you need a special size or have your own design ideas. Simple drawings and measurements are all you need. Or take pictures of other ideas you have and give them to the shop or email them. Just check with them on shipping… The cost gets a bit high on larger items and might not make sense. The only other issue is climate. As much of the wood used in CR is not heat dried the issue of changing the environment by having it shipped to a different climate may result in some unpleasant results.

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”Imxploring”]I’m a frequent visitor to Sarchi and had most of my furniture custom built there for my home in Arenal. You will find some fantastic designs and woods there. And remember most places will make your furniture to order if you need a special size or have your own design ideas. Simple drawings and measurements are all you need. Or take pictures of other ideas you have and give them to the shop or email them. Just check with them on shipping… The cost gets a bit high on larger items and might not make sense. The only other issue is climate. As much of the wood used in CR is not heat dried the issue of changing the environment by having it shipped to a different climate may result in some unpleasant results.[/quote]

If I did decide to have anything shipped it would be to my home in Southern California so not sure how the “heat dried” thing would come into play as it’s always pretty warm here with very few exceptions.

Doug Ward

Sarchi is cookie cutter items for the most part. Look for a true custom maker. There’s some builders on this foro that know who to talk to. Let your wallet be your guide.

bogino
    Participant

I was in Sarchi but that was probably 15 years ago. If I wanted to “[b]knock around[/b]” there looking at different furniture stores are the stores mostly concentrated nearby each other where I can walk around and see most of them or are things spread out where I should have a car for the day. I was thinking of taking a cab from SJ and being dropped off and then taking a cab back but if most of the stores are not centrally located then maybe better I should rent a car. Any thoughts? Thx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.