San Jose Costa Rica Real Estate – Tres Rios

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum San Jose Costa Rica Real Estate – Tres Rios

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pianomanw1

I just returned from 2 weeks in Costa Rica. I really liked the area around Tres Rios. It seems quieter than Escazu. I have considered checking it out for a possible retirement spot. Any comments would be appreciated. My email is: pianomanw1@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    John W

Andrew
    Keymaster

For the most part, you will find lower priced real estate on the EAST side of San José in areas like Tres Rios (Three Rivers) in comparison with Escazú which is on the WEST side of the capital.

Having said that, even though Escazú is very close to San José, I think that Tres Rios is a little more like ‘city-living’ than Escazú and for many people, that would not be as ‘peaceful’ as they might like a “retirement spot” to be.

Finally, I would suggest that two weeks is NOT long enough to establish that it’s a suitable area for you to retire and certainly NOT long enough to enable you to make a sensible buying decision.

I would encourage you to spend at least a couple of months in one area before you even think about buying and then, move to another area!

There are many gorgeous areas in Costa Rica and I find that every where I travel I catch myself thinking… “Hmmm! Might be nice to live here for a while…”

Take your time, explore, learn a little Spanish and accept the way things are done here and before you know it, the good deals will start coming to you, you won’t need to find them and… Having taken your time and done your homework, you will be wiser, more knowledgeable and able to determine what’s a good deal and what’s not.

Scott

scottbenson

Hi my name is Scott As well, I have a little incite to that area since my wife and I have a home there. My Wife is Costa Rican and her mom still lives in Tres Rios. It is a great spot because it is close to San Jose and it they just build a great mall there.

How ever on top of the hill side they just opend up a new development that has homes starting at 700,000 dollars. The people that live there are from the upper bracket ticos with old money. In this development they have a great 9 hole gulf course.

pweisel

There is also an area called Tres Rios, south of Ojochal in the southern pacific zone, close to the ocean. Sometimes towns in Costa Rica share the same name, such as SanIsidro General and SanIsidro. Make sure you get the correct place whether you’re property hunting or trying to catch the right bus!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.