San Jose Airport

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum San Jose Airport

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

Hey guys…..A last minute glitch in my transportation leaves me needing to DRIVE to the Airport, and I wondered if anyone can tell me if there is a long-term and a short-term lot and if there are different lots, which one will I really need for a week-long stay, ALSO, is it COVERED, and is it fairly SECURE??

I have to BE there tomorrow morning (Wednesday 8/15), and I’m kinda out of time…..

Anybody know?

THANKS!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

The [url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/search.cfm]Discussion Forum Search Engine here[/url] will show you many responses for parking.

Seems to me the car park at San Jose’s airport is the most expensive car park in Costa Rica so I’d try and avoid that …

Scott

costaricabill
    Participant

We have stayed at and left our car many times at Hotel Margarita Bed-and-Breakfast in La Garita.

Address: 100 Metros antes del INCAE. Entrada calle privada mano izquierda (Margarita de La Garita) en frente de porton anaranjado de Apartamentos Palma Real.

City: San Jose Airport – La Garita de Alajuela
    Phone: Costa Rica 2433-1280, 8390-2132 – USA 1-800-360-1703 – NL 040-401-2001

If you book one of their rooms (very nice and very affordable) on your way in or out of SJO, the parking is $3.00/day. Without a room reservation it may be a bit more, but you can check with Margarita at the above phone numbers. The parking is secure, but it is not covered. The taxi to the airport is about $16.00.

Right now their website makes it appear that the hotel is closed, but that is because the couple that owns the hotel have split up, he returned to Europe and he controls the web site.

I just spoke to Margarita this morning and she confirmed that she is indeed open, and business is good in spite of no website. Most of the people that stay there are returning guests, so they just call her direct.

Hope this helps.

gkbiz

If you have a contact at any of the car rental agencies near the airport, MAYBE they can help. Your vehicle will not be covered. They also have shuttle buses to the terminal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.