Samara Beach/Tango Mar

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Samara Beach/Tango Mar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ROBERTPUTTR3

Has anyone in this room visited Samara Beach ? I guess I am getting excited about our trip and want to know some insight. I have stayed at Tango Mar in Tambor area and want to know if it is the same type of setting ?

ryranch

Haven’t yet, but am booked at Mirador de Samara, for six nights mid May. When are you going?

ROBERTPUTTR3

WE ARE GOING TO THERE IN MARCH AND STAYING AT THE KALIBBA AND PLAYA SAMARA THEY ALL HAVE KITCHENS SO WE WILL SAVE ON FOOD IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME TO CR ?

mbrydenthal

The family and I just returned from Samara…we stayed at the Mirador which had excellent views of the ocean…but had a lot of steps to go up and down….

We are headed back on April and are actually staying at Hotel Samara Beach, due to its proximity to the beac and downtown…

You may be saving some money by cooking but you will also be heating your room at the same time and there are many fine restaurants in Samara that are very affordable!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Posted Feb 25,2006 4:19 PM MBrydenthal

We heard from a local resident in Samara that the population was around 600….

ROBERTPUTTR3

Hey Scott
    After seeing and watching the site for a while, I think you have a pulse for what is going on there.We are coming from So. Cal and have eyes and ears open about the area of Samara Beach we will be there for 2 weeks , so any insight that you have would be great and I have a few contacts in San Jose have a good one we will be there March 12

thanx R.H.

mbrydenthal

Robert,

We just got back from Samara and are returning to close on a house we purchased downtown!!

At first we werent crazy about Samara, but the town grew us….lots of great places to eat, our favorite was an AWESOME BBQ place on the northern end of town right on the beach “El Lagarto” another great place for fish casados was “Sheriffs” right next door to the police station…..

The beach at Samara is good, great for swimming and the little ones, however there are no waves to play in…there is also a lot of loose coral in the water which you have to walk over….the beaches north (Playa Buena Vista-for sunsets) and South of Samara (Carillo) are much more attractive….and much less people

The town itself has everything, and has a real local feel to it…

We also visited Montezuma, Playa Coyote, Junquillal, Avellanes, Tamagringo, Playa Del Coco and Playa Panama, we liked the town of Samara the best!!, but everyone is different!!

Where are you staying??

Matt

ROBERTPUTTR3

HEY MATT
    WE ARE STAYING AT VILLAS KALIMBA / PLAYA VILLAS EACH PLACE FOR A WEEK ANYTHING YOU CAN SHARE FOR DAY TRIPS OR SITES THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED ? WHERE DID YOU STAY AND FOR HOW LONG ?
    ROBERT

mbrydenthal

Robert,

We stayed at the Mirador for about a week…the places you have picked out look really nice….Make sure you check out Buena Vista Beach (for the sunsets) just north of Samara Beach. We rented a car and drove to Playa Coyote and Playa Miguel for a day trip, beautiful beaches but not much else there….we regret not being able to see Nosara and some of the beaches north…We had a 4 year old and 1 year old so it really limited what we could do…..

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.