salary for a live in caretaker?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum salary for a live in caretaker?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unacharmed

Does anyone know how much to pay someone to live in one’s house? Must it be broken down into an hourly rate for the Caja/Ins payments? I will have a contract. Does one have to make an appointment with the Caja/Ins to begin the process of making payments?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I’m quite certain that the labor law does specify a minimum wage for a live-in caretaker, whether you’re talking about a housekeeper or a gardener. There are also considerations of Social Security, CAJA, employment security rights, vacations and annual bonuses to take into account. From what I’ve read, hiring anyone is fairly complicated.

Before you proceed, I’d consult a knowledgeable attorney who can guide you through the legal maze.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please see the legal minimum wages detailed in the article ‘Costa Rica Salaries’ article:

Ain’t life sweet?

Scott

jasman

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I once read somewhere that for less than the cost of the premiums on an LTC (Long-Term-Care) policy in the U.S., you can hire a full-time, live-in nurse in Costa Rica. Is that correct?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.