Rura Vida, or Dura Vida?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Rura Vida, or Dura Vida?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

In response to this article where Dr Judith Eve Lipton is ‘upset’ about changes that she knew nothing about, she obviously doesn’t keep up with the news which was reported in all the CR online pages regarding the new license law nor that it [i]usually[/i] takes more than ‘a day or two’ to get an appointment to get the photo taken for her temporary resident [i]cedula[/i] although I’m not sure whether she can pick it up that same day but it can be mailed to her.

But I do not understand where she gets the [i]”one has to be in the country of Costa Rica for 90 days or more without leaving in order to get a license”.[/i] She is required to show her ‘up to date’ passport, showing that she is within the time of her tourist visa of 90 days, then she doesn’t have to take the actual driving and written test in Spanish.
    This article should be clarified to potential residents.

costaricabill
    Participant

Me thinks the good doctor has her facts (and possibly her undies) a bit twisted! I hope the books she has authored are more accurate than this article.

She states “[i]I am supposed to get a cedula on December 6, and so in late January I can go back to San Jose for a driver’s license.[/i]” I have no idea how she comes up with that conclusion! As soon as she gets her cedula she can get her driver’s license.

It is a shame that she had this article published on WLCR.com and PsychologyToday.com before she got her facts straight!

I don’t mind her scaring off other “shrinks” but she may have discouraged some really good people at the same time.

maravilla

is this a new article by the doc or the old one? in any event, i couldn’t find it on the main page. where should i look?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Yes, it was on the main page and yes, it’s gone. You didn’t miss a thing.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Yes, it was on the main page and yes, it’s gone. You didn’t miss acthing.[/quote]

I went to the main page and then to the “search” function and typed in “lipton” and found it.

You can also find it at http://www.PsychologyToday.com

She also has another not so friendly post on that site that demonstrates how unhappy she really is…. I think she needs a therapist!

costaricabill
    Participant

I went through this article again last night and I guess what is so upsetting to me (aside from the blatant errors and misstatements of fact contained in the article) is how was it ever allowed to be published as an ARTICLE on WLCR?

I could understand it if it had been posted on the Discussion Forum, where rants & raves (including mine) are the norm of the day, but this was a feature article and was placed in a prominent position by someone with “authority”, and I’m sure it discouraged many readers about life in Costa Rica.

Rather than post my long reply to her article, I decided this morning to just send it to her – does anyone know how to contact her?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I am out of the country travelling at the moment but will make sure there is a link in the article to this Discussion …

Thank you for pointing out the inaccuracies …

Scott

costaricafinca
    Participant

Can you ask her if she speaks Spanish?
    I see that she is now studying and writing a book about Costa Ricans… not expats … and left an email address for them to contact her.
    I was ‘amused’ at her previous article, where she announced that s[i]he didn’t do any laundry[/i] but did swim in her pool in her clothes…
    Can imagine her wrapped up in the bed sheets…

maravilla

wrapped in bed sheets? how about a strait-jacket?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Straight jackets are pretty passé any more, but “sheet restraints” are commonly used to keep unruly patients in bed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.