ron paul

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum ron paul

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

war on this war on that omg do we love war!!

the war on drugs is so stupid because most of these drugs were once legal until the gummint figured out that too many people liked them and therefore they should be outlawed. pcp was once legal, as was heroin, morhpine, lsd (ya’ll do remember when the CIA bought two tons of lsd from Sandoz to dope the public, don’t you??) and ecstasy. as for the other kinds of war. . . find me just one person who killed in the name of their government who isn’t a complete f’d up mess of a person. nobody i know who went to vietnam came back the same or sane. we dope our troops with psych meds so they can kill without a conscience but it all backfires eventually. and i’m with sprite — not having an army and a war machine at the ready was the biggest attraction about costa rica, and i am still puzzled why all the war mongers want to live here? why would you since their philosophy is completely antithetical to your beliefs?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Ron Paul (which is what this thread started about) has been compared to Robert Welch and I’d love to hear your opinions on Welch’s 1958 speech …

[ http://youtu.be/jTlV0xAKZy0 ]

maravilla

oooooo-eeeeee did we used to love to villify the john birchers, but was he right or was he right?? he didn’t need a crystal ball to see where things were headed even waaaaay back when. the mess we are in didn’t start with Obama, folks.
    i have always thought ron paul was one of the few politicians who actually understood the dire mess we are in and i would vote for paul if i were so inclined to vote but it’s all a sham anyway so it doesn’t really matter who we vote for in the end.

sprite

[quote=”maravilla”]oooooo-eeeeee did we used to love to villify the john birchers, but was he right or was he right?? he didn’t need a crystal ball to see where things were headed even waaaaay back when. the mess we are in didn’t start with Obama, folks.
    i have always thought ron paul was one of the few politicians who actually understood the dire mess we are in and i would vote for paul if i were so inclined to vote but it’s all a sham anyway so it doesn’t really matter who we vote for in the end.[/quote]

Maravilla, you and I are of one mind on this subject. The last time I voted was for Nader in 2000. There are still some things about Ron Paul with which I disagree but if I were disposed to vote, I would give my vote to him, despite his republican affiliation.

maravilla and sprite,
    I would agree with both of you in part. However, “no one hates war more than a soldier!” We bleed and die, not for god and country; rather, for the fellow soldier to the right and left of you. I was drafted in 1971, and served in Vietnam, The Gulf War, Iraq and Afghanistan. I stayed in the military to save as many of your inexperienced military sons, daughters, husbands, wives and friends, from possible combat death. The military is not always about killing, mostly, it is about trying to save lives!

sprite

Soldiers put themselves into situations where killing to save lives is required. Don’t try to excuse the sin by claiming you had no choice but to do it or that the devil (Nixon) made you do it. Everyone has a choice except the naive, the stupid, the brainwashed or those that are afflicted by all three maladies.. At 19, I chose NOT to be drafted. I resisted and kept myself free from committing that particular sin.

Ron Paul served as a flight surgeon in Vietnam. Even THAT is aiding and abetting war. He would have done more good staying home and joining the rest of us protesting the war.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You were a smarter young man than I was Sprite…

As a somewhat “rebellious” teenager, I joined Her Majesty’s Royal Marine Commandos thinking it would give my life more structure.

It did but, intellectually I was BORED out of my mind but that’s actually a good thing because it woke me up and, after a very interesting conversation with a gentleman who was employed by the government to eliminate people in problem areas, I began to see the light…

Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey summed it up quite nicely in Pravda the other day…

“It is by now patently obvious that NATO serves as the military wing of the invisible lobbies controlling the banking, energy, telecommunications, drugs and weapons lobbies which in fact dictate the policies of the majority of western states and all of its member states’ foreign policies, without ever having been elected. It is also becoming increasingly obvious that NATO serves as a club to further the interests not only of these lobbies but also any politician in trouble, who is a member of the club.”

Scott

sprite

It’s all about personal experiences. I doubt I was smarter than you as a teen, Scott. I was exposed to the up and coming left wing political youth movement of the late 60’s at Ohio State University and that exposure kept me from making the common error that many naive 19 years make when they join or are drafted into the military. I have always been a bit rebellious by nature and a later traumatic experience with American soldiers pretty much solidified my disgust for uniforms carrying weapons under any flag.

In Costa Rica, I made an acquaintance with an ex Israeli commando who worked with the Mossad in his youth. We spoke for quite a while on this very subject of signing up for state sponsored violence and his repentance for his actions in that service was deep and sincere. Nobody to date has been able to convince me that submitting to military brainwashing attempts has any positive effects on the world or the individual.

President Obama recently took his orders from the United Nations when he committed US air forces to bombing Libya. He did not even try to obscure this treason and stated that he was not required to consult with congress for these “kinetic military actions”. Hinchley’s choice of the words “patently obvious” is an understatement.

Irony

My wife and I will soon move to CR and will certainly distance myself from any Gringo (right, left or middle) who can and will freak out on an online forum :shock:. I wonder how they will react in a face to face conversation. You do you and I will do me 😆

bogino,
    Do yourself, a great big favor! Swallow a M33 or M68! You will not know what they are, ask a military person who has used them, to protect you right for free speech.

smekuly

here is a perfect example of how main street media handles someone who speak truths in todays plastic society

its almost like they ignore him. like he doesnt even exists. its hilarious if it wasn’t so damn sad.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012—corn-polled-edition—ron-paul—the-top-tier?xrs=share_copy

ron paul is one of the few people that I have seen that actually speaks the truth.

its probably a good idea he does not get elected because he would probably be killed.

its really sad and it actually depresses me so i am not going to discuss this any longer

sprite

Well, Smekuly..we agree again. Ron Paul would probably be assassinated if by some miracle he got elected….just like nearly every other president who attempted to oppose the banking cartel.
    JFK had a proposed bill on his desk (Executive Order 11110) which aimed to eliminate the FED. Bang!
    Andrew Jackson opposed the banks. Bang, Bang! (They missed)
    Lincoln opposed the banks. Bang!
    James Garfield opposed the banks. Bang!
    Even Reagan, a man I do NOT respect, merely suggested a move which the bankers did not like and ..Bang! But they missed him too.)

OTTFOG

I like that.. now if I can just find some good pizza 😀

Pizza Patio in Flamingo
    Pomadoro in San Pedro by the UCR
    Pizza Pasta in Sabanilla across from Mas x Menos

I will leave the political discussion to others…

Pura Vida,
    Jerry

kevin.smith

[quote=”maravilla”]spoken like a true right winger. you can’t even concede that the war in Iraq was started on a false premise and that hundreds of thousands of innocent people died because of that lie? at least mr. Smelly makes some cogent points. war for the sake of war is evil and sending your innocent children (rich children don’t go to war!) to die for a lie is a form of insanity. and that is one of the main reasons i chose costa rica — there is no Army, Costa Rica is not going to invade some country they’ve decided is out of favor, and they do not spend trillions of dollars funding the war machine so people like Donnie Rumsfeld can make a truckload of money on his Haliburton stock. the US could fix the debt in a heartbeat if they just stopped funding the perpetual wars we start.[/quote] A wonderful post! I support Ron Paul based on the fact that when we do eventually get to Costa Rica full time I wont see AmeriKan soldiers or too many other tenticles of the empire.

Andrew
    Keymaster

In case you missed Dr. Ron Paul last weekend in Ames, Iowa:

“They’re Setting The Stage For Violence In This Country!”

“Yeah, that’s their goal, they’re setting up the stage for violence in this country, no doubt about it!” responded Paul.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.