Rock Salt

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Rock Salt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sbruce

Does anyone know where to buy “rock salt” to be used for making ice cream. Somewhere near Santa Ana or Escazu would be helpful.

waggoner41

[quote=”sbruce”]Does anyone know where to buy “rock salt” to be used for making ice cream. Somewhere near Santa Ana or Escazu would be helpful.[/quote]

Might try HiperMas or EPA.

costaricafinca
    Participant

It would probably easier to purchase a new ice cream machine…:roll:

sbruce

[quote=”costaricafinca”]It would probably easier to purchase a new ice cream machine…:roll:[/quote]

I have a new ice cream machine. It requires rock salt to make ice cream.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Sorry, I haven’t seen any of the newer models that still require the rock salt. I thought it was the outdated ones….just like me:lol:

guru

While it is “cheaper” in some places and may work a little better just plain old table salt works to make ice cream. I’ve used it in hand crank and motorized machines.

jenny

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”sbruce”]Does anyone know where to buy “rock salt” to be used for making ice cream. Somewhere near Santa Ana or Escazu would be helpful.[/quote]

Might try HiperMas or EPA.[/quote]Oh Yes I sure know where to get some rock salt in Grecia. They have a salt factory here and I purchase about 2kg at a time. We have to swap recipes, I love making homemade ice cream. You can not purchase good quality ice cream that is all ice cream and not chemical ice cream. I you would like to know where the salt company is located in Grecia please contact me. This is your luck day I have not looked at the forum for a long time “wow”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.