Road from San Pablo de Turrubares to Hwy. 21

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Road from San Pablo de Turrubares to Hwy. 21

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sueandchris

Does anyone know the condition of the road between San Pablo de Turrubares and Hwy. 21 (to Orotino)? San Pablo de Turrabares is on the road from Santiago de Puriscal. Is it easily navigable with a regular car or is a 4X4 needed? Also, can you direct me to information regarding the new highway that will go from San Jose to the beaches? What is its route?

Andrew
    Keymaster
    sueandchris

Well….these were pretty informative articles. Indeed, I have had at least two real estate agents from the area of Orotino, Atenas, etc., talk about how beneficial the new “road to the beaches” would be for real estate in the area. But from these articles, it really appears that there are just a few bridges to nowhere! Given the cost of the construction, I wouldn’t bet the farm on this road being done in the near future. I am wondering how long the drive is CURRENTLY from the Atenas/Orotino area to the beach. Anyone know? Thanks!

watchdog

The new highway from San Jose to the Pacific Coast, is now under construction by a Concessionaire company, and is due to be completed by mid-2010.
    The highway from San Pablo to Orotina is a two lane, paved and very winding road, with one very questionable (as to condition) wooden, single-lane suspension bridge that must be crossed, near the Orotina end.
    The time to drive from Orotina to the Pacific Coast is approximately twenty minutes.

Edited on Mar 25, 2008 13:35

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.