Rising House Prices. “I feel better now!”

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Rising House Prices. “I feel better now!”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Any time I get ‘concerned’ about rising house prices in Costa Rica, I take a look at my birthplace – the U.K.

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/images/UK-House-Prices.jpg[/img]

Bottom line?

The most recent home I bought in Santa Ana – we moved in last Saturday – cost me less per square meter than half of the price of the cheapest areas in the UK.

Data taken from this [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/house-prices-12k-now-buy-5931726]Daily Mirror article.[/url]

I feel much better now….

BillNew
    Participant

In my world, those prices are completely off the chain. They make me want to compare median home prices with median income. And they beg to question, are foreigners pricing prosperity out of reach for most Ticos? Although I am a capitalist, and not a bleeding-heart liberal, I am constantly asking myself if I’m doing more good than harm.

[i][b]”Live such that the weather doesn’t determine the size of your funeral.”[/b][/i]

Take care,

Bill

Andrew
    Keymaster

Love that quote BillNew…

1. I think it’s important to remember that when it comes to the Costa Rica real estate market, “foreigners” are important but, those “foreigners” are from many different countries: From Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras and at the end of the tail – the USA, Canada and Europe.

Costa Rica is “expensive” compared to many markets but it’s also a refuge or safe haven for successful business people – “foreigners” – who are fearful of kidnappings and extremely high levels of violence in their own countries in Central and Latin America.

Many of them have bought properties to live in and also investment properties here, their wives are here, their children go to school here while the father stays in his own country managing his business.

We have many Venezuelan clients doing exactly that…

2. Although Costa Rica is “expensive” compared to many markets, as we’ve seen with my chart, the real estate market in Costa Rica is dirt cheap compared to the UK and to most many big cities in France, Spain and in Northern Europe.

With millions of new ‘refugees’ flooding into Europe – another fabricated, genocidal crisis – many Europeans are re-thinking their future retirement plans.

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.