Rhubarb in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Rhubarb in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    happygirl

This is a question much more frivolous than what I am used to reading on this forum!! LOL! Can anyone out there tell me if rhubarb is grown anywhere in CR, and if so, where can I buy it? Gracias.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m sure I saw rhubarb in the street market in Zapote a while back… You can find some fantastic produce at terrific prices at these markets.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

Love it! Just made some tasty Rhubarb crumble and poured nice hot custard over it!

hennalounge

Yum! If you don’t mind my hijacking this post for a related topic, is it possible to find organically grown veggies/frutas in CR? Are there local farmers who subscribe to more natural and sustainable farming methods?

happygirl

Thanks Scott, I was beginning to think that there were not so many people who liked “nature’s spring tonic”. Lotus, you will have to come and sample my rhubarb pie when I get down to CR. Of course, it is a long way to go from Puntarenas to Zapote for a few stalks of rhubarb.LOL

Andrew
    Keymaster

There is plenty of organic produce here… You just have to ask around.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

This sound very British, please tell more! I assume your tasty Rhubarb crumble is the same as an American crisp with oats, butter, flour, vanilla and chopped nuts baked on top.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Portland, OR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.