Reporting Ltda. to U.S. IRS

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Reporting Ltda. to U.S. IRS

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”DavidCMurray”](But I wonder what the risks/penalties might be.)[/quote]

Deportation and jail time?:lol: Kind of expensive for no taxes due.
    All the IRS is interested in is that you owe.[/quote]

Second thought Scott, you scare the hell out of me. The IRS would come after “their $10,000” whether justified or not.

tomtwoshoe

There is a pretty good book out there that explains your obligtions in regard to this matter. I purchased it and it has been helpful. “Controlled Foreign Corporation Tax Guide”by J. Richard Duke and Vernon Jacobs. I spoke to Vernon Jacobs in regards to my 2 Costa Rican LLC’s and 1 SA. I couldn’t find anyone in my area who had any knowledge of how to fill the forms out properly. I spoke to at least 25 CPA’s and 2 Tax attorneys. Mr. Jacobs recommended a very knowledgable CPA in New York that helped me. The word he gave me was I had to file, even for dormant foreign corps. Also I had to file for an amended return for 2008 as I did not receive accurate advice from my CPA. The instuctions for the form are very confusing and if you can figure out how to fill them out correctly, I would like to be your friend. The people at the IRS are just as confused as we are about this form. Hope this helps. Good luck

soldier

tomtwoshoe,
    Thanks for your input. I could not agree with you more, in terms of the confusing instructions, and, finding a knowledgeable tax professional/accountant.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.