Renting in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Renting in Costa Rica

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    4ofakind

I truly don’t believe I will be able to afford to purchase a home in CR. Are there any rental properties? Whould they be around the expat communities? Are there any problems to renting in costa rica? I live in CA now but want out by early next year. I appreciate this site and all the wonderful info but there is not alot about renting in CR. Please enlighten me.

speedo5

[quote=”4ofakind”]I truly don’t believe I will be able to afford to purchase a home in CR. Are there any rental properties? Whould they be around the expat communities? Are there any problems to renting in costa rica? I live in CA now but want out by early next year. I appreciate this site and all the wonderful info but there is not alot about renting in CR. Please enlighten me.[/quote]As far as i know, the rental policies in C.R. are similiar to the states. If you have the money to pay , there are many properties to rent. The expat communities will be more expensive than the tico’s. Just depends on what you want.

bogino
    Participant

Costa Rica is LOADED with rental opportunities. It really just comes down to how committed you are and how patient you are to seek out the best possible deal. I have been leisurely looking at both buying or renting in CR in different parts of the country and after viewing a multitude of properties over the last 4 years I’m quite astounded at some of the incredibly affordable very nice rental opportunities.

Versatile

[quote=”4ofakind”]I truly don’t believe I will be able to afford to purchase a home in CR. Are there any rental properties? Whould they be around the expat communities? Are there any problems to renting in costa rica? I live in CA now but want out by early next year. I appreciate this site and all the wonderful info but there is not alot about renting in CR. Please enlighten me.[/quote]

You can buy new Tico houses for 60k. How can you afford CR if you cannot afford a 60k house?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[b]4ofakind wrote:[/b]

“As far as i (sic) know, the rental policies in C.R. are similar to the states.”

Well, that’s not quite right. If you propose to rent formally, with a written lease, then the landlord-tenant law dictates that the lease be in Spanish, run for three years, and contain language that addresses the rental rate and currency. So it’s not quite the same.

The alternative is to rent on the “honor system” in which each party’s good intentions are assumed but there is nothing legally binding on either. That affords no protections but it does simplify things (usually).

Jim S.

There are plenty of rental available in almost all areas and price ranges. You shouldn’t have a problem finding something you like and can afford.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.