Renewal of Permanent Residence

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Renewal of Permanent Residence

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seawader

Can anyone tell me how long before a “Permanent Residence” needs to be renewed? Thank you.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Before the date expires on your existing [i]cedula[/i]…:roll:
    It could be one, two years, three years or even 5 years, depending on how long you have been a [u]legal[/u] Temporary (4 years) then Permanent resident.

seawader

O.K. Thanks .. but really do not understand your response? I have an [b]existing[/b] Pensionado/Residente Cedula & recently applied for a PERMANENT STATUS Cedula(which was granted!) Once the new Cedula is received how many years (from date of the new Cedula) before having to renew once again?

costaricafinca
    Participant

It will show on the [i]cedula[/i]. As mentioned, it could be 1, 2 3 or 5 years, depending on how long you have been a legal resident. Not everyone who has TR applies for PR when the 4 years as a TR is up, so the time [u]will [/u]vary…

jreeves

It does vary – for us, when we got our first permanent residency cedula we were given a 3-year renewal because we had been residents for about 5 years before we were finally approved. But I have friends who have been only given a 1-year renewal & another friend given a 5-year renewal. It is all related to how long you’ve already been a resident.

Jessica

seawader

Thanks to all who responded to my query. Much appreciated!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.