Relocation to Ojochal/Uvita Region

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Relocation to Ojochal/Uvita Region

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amacfarland

Hi,
    I’m new to this forum and so far it seems to be the most active/useful forum on living in CR I’ve found. We have been to CR 3 times and most recently we visited Ojochal We are considering a relocation to ojochal/Uvita region and trying to find out some information about the area that I have not been able to find elsewhere. If you would be willing to help me out I would be so appreciative!

1. We have two small children under 5 so I am curious about the status of the schools… public/private. I think there is one private in Uvita but their website is not available. Have you heard anything about it, or know of other private schools nearby?

2. Are there any local churches outside of the Catholic ones, and do any of them have services in English?

3. What do people do for medical care (pediatricians, primary care doctors). I know there is a large hospital South of Ojochal (can’t remember the town), but are there other closer options?

Thanks so much!

pweisel1

You can use the search function on this site, both in forums and from the home page, to find some of what you are looking for. If you google those towns and dig around a bit, you will find some OK sites.

There is one private elementary school “School del Sur.” There is a new hospital in Cortez, about 10 – 15 minutes from Ojochal, depending on where you are leaving from. There are primary care physicians in Dominical, probably some in Uvita and Ojochal also, and more in San Isidro. These facilities are good for general care or emergency situations (to stablize someone). After that, you really want to get to CIMA in San Jose for critical care. Search this site for more info on that also. Good Luck!

bogino
    Participant

My suggestion is that if you have any sort of chronic medical condition, such as diabetes or something along those lines you don’t want to live in Ojochal (stay somewhat close to San Jose..not just for the doctors but also for the ease of obtaining needed medicines). If everybody is healthy then go for it. It’s a very calm and beautiful area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.