Recycling

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Recycling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    salamander
    Participant

Are there any recycling programs in CR?

maravilla

someone told me that they made it a law that we have to recycle now. i don’t know if that law applies to the whole country, but it certainly does for my neck of the woods. we have to separate all the glass, plastic, and paper into separate bags for garbage pick-up. i burn all my paper in my fireplace, and i bury all the vegetable scraps. hardly eat meat, so don’t have to worry about disposing of that. we have a big recycling center in san ramon where they have a group of people who separate and organize the stuff that people drop off. all bottles and containers have to be washed, that includes any aluminum cans (which i never buy). and all around our town are trash receptacles for glass, paper, organics, so they certainly are trying to get this together. i don’t know how other areas deal with trash, but my gardener told me it’s the law where we live.

costaricafinca
    Participant

No recycling program in effect where we live in Guanacaste. And, when in Liberia on a Friday, market & garbage pick-up day, there are no signs of any recycling boxes, separated bags, etc.

fincatenorio

The City of Tileran in Northern Guanacaste has a recycling depot for those who live in or near this city. It is located just outside of town on the road to lake Arenal. It is a self serve depot with barrels provided for glass, aluminun and plastic, including bags.

grb1063

Escazu has a recycling station in the Biesanz Woodworks area and the disposal service will handle the recycleables. I also managed to find one in Ciudad Colon in a business park between town and the unmanned toll stations called Servicios Ecologicos. I would hope that someone like Coca Cola or Kimberly Clark would step up and have their own drop off stations. Escazu used to have drop-off stations, but they found to much abuse with garbage.

fincatenorio

Does anyone know where spent electronics batteries can be recycled?. These are bad news in the landfill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.