Real estate purchases in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Real estate purchases in Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sueandchris

Scott, we just returned from another research trip to Costa Rica. We worked with the excellent Stephen Riley in the Orosi Valley, where we will settle. The area is just one of the BEST places in Costa Rica, for many reasons. We were in the middle of a negotiation on a good property – 5 acres and good house, when we got an update regarding the changing financial conditions in the US. We reluctantly decided to wait on our CR purchase and return home to try and figure out the situation here. Rationale: We think that the prices in Orosi might remain reasonably stable for another year. Since we are in a cash position and have several years of real estate investing experience in our area it appears that within the next year we will see some huge opportunities in our area. This has been a really tough call and we are proceeding with EXTREME caution.

I don’t believe that real estate prices will decline significantly in CR, but rather that our decision to wait will not be regretted. Still, this all sure feels like Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride! Thanks so much for your recommendation of Mr. Riley. He also introduced us to his lawyer (and now ours) Jorge Arrias in Cartago. This site is just worth it’s weight in gold!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Tahnk you for your kind comments ‘sueandchris’ – Steve is a gentleman and his lady wife is also a remarkable woman.

We’ll have a new article on the site about Steve in the next week or so.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

bogino
    Participant

I too would like to look at opportunities in the Orosi Valley since I’ve read very good things about it. Can someone put me intouch with Stephen Riley or any other expert focusing in that area. Thank You.

Andrew
    Keymaster

We’ll have a new article on the site about Steve in a few days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.