Real Estate in Puriscal

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Real Estate in Puriscal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    opabh

Any one out there had any dealings with a agent “Guy Murphy” at Puriscal Properties. ??? Good or Bad, I need info.

bbrunsca

Hello,

I bought my farm from Guy a few years ago. Really did a great job from the beginning to the end. Looked at a large number of properties with him. No pressure – just a lot of help. He recommended an attorney and everything went smoothly. Him and his wife took the time to walk us through the complete process.

Bob

dsullivan

Hi,

Guy sounds good, but just be careful with properties in Puriscal. I was told by a Costa Rican gentleman that there are earth quakes in that area with lots of land slides. I don’t know how true that is, but he seemed to be a reputable source. Just check it out with Guy…can’t hurt, and if he’s good, he’ll definitely look into it or already knows which areas are affected. It really is a lovely area. I was interested in land there before he told us that information. Quakes scare me to death. Was raised in California during a time when we had some pretty heavy quakes, still have nightmares from that time. I supposed all areas of Costa Rica have a certain amount of quakes, however, one would want to know how stable the ground is before building.

wmaes47

He has told you correctly. The ground movement in that area of Santiago de Puriscal is known.

If you want to search an area with the worries, I would suggest you download the Costa Rica Fault Lines from here:

https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/programs/opendownloads.cfm

My choice of area is the San Ramon, Alajuela town. No fault there, so to speak, unlike other areas. Grecia has one of the bigger fault lines running into town.

Shake it up Baby
    Bill Maes

opabh

Thanks.
    But only 1 client from Guy ??. I live in the SF Bay area we get Quakes all the time. I was more in to finding out about this realter, I like the area Puriscal looking for a large old Finca .
    opa

rf2cr
    Participant

opa

Spent 2 days with Guy, didn’t actually purchase from him as we decided the Arenal area more to our liking. Our feeling was that Guy was one of the good ones, he showed us numerous properties but never tried to pressure us into anything. At the time that we were looking he was extremely busy, there must be others out there who can give you more information.

Good Luck.

opabh

Thanks’
    I spoke with a realter from “Go Dutch ” (IVO ) Any one know anything about him ?? Sounds like a ok guy.
    opa

Does anyone have Mr. Murphy’s link and/email address please?

Sincerely,
    Tom in Portland, OR
    cancertomnpdx@comcast.net

opabh

Tom
    Guy Murphy, his web page http://www.realestatepuriscalcr.com Hope this works.
    opa

Ripple33

Dont know anything about Guy but did inquire about some of his properties online with no response either by phone or email. I recommend checking all the realtors in town. Also ask around to find out what the locals have to offer. Check with Michael Dodson (puriscal online) and Miguel Castro (Green Mangos). Those two were the most helpful to me when looking for property in the area. One of the earlier people stated that they had used the atty recommended by the realtor. I would be sceptical about that since it could be a conflict of interest. I would use my own atty in any dealing in CR. I highly recommend Garland Baker with costa rica expertise to check any property you are interested in purchasing and recommend Allan Garro from Cartago as a excellent real estate atty. I would check out what Guy has to offer as well as everyone else. I think it is not so much who sells you the property it is who you have research it and make sure things are done correctly. This is vital in CR. Tread lightly with anyone.

As far as Puriscal being prone to earthquakes that is true but many people have lived there for many years with no significant problems. The land slide situation is mainly a result of deforestation. If this is a concern. You can contact Manuel Viquez with El Mundo Forestal who can do a environmental evaluation on your property. Extremely professional and knowledgable. He did a complete evaluation of my property including recomendations of trees, plants ect, identified problem areas ect. Put everything on CD ROM. Very good guy to work with.

I love Puriscal. It still has a very traditional costa rica feel. Good luck in your search.

Ripple33

I have not had any dealings with Ivo but have heard good things from others.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.