questions about availability of items

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum questions about availability of items

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Harperanne

I eat a health mixture that contains cottage cheese and flax oil. Does anyone know if those items are available either at a supermercado or a health food store (can’t remember the Spanish name for it)? Would appreciate anyone’s help.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Cottage cheese imported from the U.S. is certainly available at Automercado and I would guess (but don’t know for sure) that flax seed oil is easy to find in one of the health-food stores.

Scott

waggoner41

[quote=”Harperanne”]I eat a health mixture that contains cottage cheese and flax oil. Does anyone know if those items are available either at a supermercado or a health food store (can’t remember the Spanish name for it)? Would appreciate anyone’s help.[/quote]
    Cottace cheese at WalMart, Auto Mercado and others catering to expats.
    Flax seed oil should be available at the Macrobioticas.

cp1436

If I’m not mistaken flax oil is commonly used in the making of frescos in most sodas (supposedly a good hangover remedy). I think it is called linaza or aceite de lino(?).

PeggyS

[quote=”Harperanne”]I eat a health mixture that contains cottage cheese and flax oil. Does anyone know if those items are available either at a supermercado or a health food store (can’t remember the Spanish name for it)? Would appreciate anyone’s help.[/quote]

What area of Costa Rica will you be visiting? And where are you from ?

maravilla

they have organic flaxseed oil in caps in most macros here. they come in 1000 mgs soft gels. i’ve been reading about this concoction as a cancer preventative. is that why you take it? just curious and should i be eating this????

Doug Ward

[quote=”maravilla”]they have organic flaxseed oil in caps in most macros here. they come in 1000 mgs soft gels. i’ve been reading about this concoction as a cancer preventative. is that why you take it? just curious and should i be eating this????[/quote]
    I drink Linasa a few times a week. Tasty and filling for lunch.Buzz in a few ‘nanners and some cinnamon.
    I like that avatar.Nina Hartley :shock::lol::lol:8)?

costaricafinca
    Participant

In regards to buying cottage cheese, you may only find the small containers in many places, which cost approx. $5.00.

maravilla

which list was it (this one?) where someone was talking about how easy it is to make your own cottage cheese. i think i am going to try it. sure have enough raw milk available where i live.

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]maravilla,[/b] this was posted [i]”I eat a health mixture that contains cottage cheese and flax oil”[/i] on the first line of the post, and I meant to respond to it, earlier…
    I make a ‘version’ of it using goats milk, for lasagne, etc…not perfect but it does the job!

maravilla

you put the cottage cheese and flax oil in the lasagna????

maravilla

i finally had to google the cottage cheese/flaxseed oil thingy and this is what i found, but it says you can use yogurt, too.

http://www.cancure.org/budwig_diet.htm

costaricafinca
    Participant

Best to leave out the flax oil….:roll:

maravilla

but the flax oil is the important ingredient in the Budwig diet.

*Lotus

Interesting Maravilla, by the way is that you in the profile pic? As a vegetarian I know that the important question is not “Where do you get your protein” but actually “Where do you get your fats from”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.