Quepos to Dominical Road – Any Updates?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Quepos to Dominical Road – Any Updates?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pweisel

Greetings,

Does anyone have current info on the condition of the road? Dare I hope for any paving yet?

Thanks,
    Pweisel

cindyc

No pavement yet. There is still a lot of work going on clearing the actual road and building several new bridges. The road is not going to be just the old road paved over. Some of it goes out through the palm orchards and on different paths here and there.

As far as condition; from Quepos to Matapalo is not too bad; the grading has been kept up on most of the road. From Matapalo to Dominical it is really bad, probably the worst I’ve seen it. Depending on how much of a maniac you are the drive should take about two hours.

pweisel

Sounds familiar… Still a real kidney buster. Thanks.

cindyc

I read an article in The Journal this morning that says 35 million has been alloted for the project. There will be seven new bridges and they expect completion mid 2009. So, hold onto your kidneys for a while longer.

koty

When we were down there in April we drove from Dominical to Quepos and it took us 45 minutes instead of the usual 2.5 hours. You could see the work that has been done and they posted that the work should be done soon and how much the country is spending on it. (Can’t remember how much though thought it was 17 million to be completed in 2008).

Koty

cdm

I drive that road from Dominical to Quepos every couple of weeks and while the rain has made the first section out of Dominical very bumpy, it is not such a terrible road. So many people are scared to travel it b/c of what they hear. Just go at a comfortable speed and you’ll be fine.

January through April it only took me 45 minutes to do the trek – the road was great. As the rain started it took as long as 75 minutes due to more bumps and some construction delays.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.