Quality of treatment for major health conditions

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Quality of treatment for major health conditions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Just a point of information . . . Not all U.S. Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans pay for care outside the country. After much checking, we determined that ours does not.

Others will pay for emergencies only.

Point is, you must (must) get a definitive answer from your own BC/BS plan administrator regarding payment for services outside the United States. DO NOT rely on CIMA Hospital’s staff or anyone else. Get it from the horse’s mouth.

sueandchris

David: Thanks so much for this information. CIMA absolutely “assured” me that they could find this out for me and even provided a special form. I will call my BCBS plan myself and get the answer!

costaricafinca
    Participant

While searching for another location to get a bone scan, since the clinic I usually go to said ‘their equipment will be out of order for 2-3 months’, I came across these articles, regarding [url=http://missmoveabroad.com/private-vs-public-hospitals-in-costa-rica/]real life experiences in health care[/url]

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”sueandchris”]I will call my BCBS plan myself and get the answer![/quote]

Sue, just be certain that you speak with someone who is absolutely authoritative in this matter. We went through three or four levels of bureaucracy before reaching someone with the final authority to decide. Even then, she had to do some checking. The higher up you go the more likely you are to get a reliable answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.