property tax due dates

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum property tax due dates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neilgriffin

I purchased two lots in Palo Seco this year, both of which had all taxes current at time of purchase…are taxes taxes due annually in January or does it vary by municipality? Any tax paying advice appreciated! thanks — Neil

wmaes47

Neil

Due in January each year…

I don’t believe they differ in each municipality. It wouldn’t make sense to have different dates for each area…

I pay in San Ramon every January.

Happy Taxing
    Bill Maes

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We pay in January in Grecia, too. What’s more, we have the option to pay quarterly, just in case the burden is too heavy to bear.

Neilgriffin

muchas gracias! great site for fast and trustworthy answers! –Neil

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yup!

Mine are due in January too… And I may have to skip lunch one day in order to be able to afford the taxes. 🙂

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

maravilla

can they be paid online or only in person at muni?

robsoilman

We just paid our taxes in Parrita and found it to be much more after we got our concession. It was almost $500.00, but we have a small hotel/cabina on 5 lots. I think you can pay the bill to the municipality in Parrita anytime during the year, but most people pay it near the beginning of the year. I guess will have to pay the taxes again next month for 2007 or at least before the end of the year. One thing for sure they aren’t mailing out tax bills, so you have to go there and ask.

Edited on Dec 14, 2006 13:06

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.